Yandere Otome Game - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling that that last page could use a better translation.

Dex-chan lover
yep blind the child that should help with his yandere tendencies..
im confused doe: if he can control ppl did he created the whole situation or cant he control it? like he tried to force her right there, but he messed up with the sister?

Contributor
Her uncle maked his adopted child pay for his failure, by making him blind.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, found it in the WN translation:

"Your eyes,
Hand them over"

That should be the last page. He's quoting someone.

Dex-chan lover
@TrollKing1 The translator mixed it up. It should be "your eyes, hand them over", as he is quoting someone.

So thankfully he still has his eyes.

Dex-chan lover
@trollking1

Read the novel so...
He is in MC room for his dad just kinda crashed into his and demand this kid to literally give him his eyes because of that whole magic red eye legacy the family lost

Group Leader
Hi translator here. I probably should’ve put a note about this, the dad literally says “my eyes hand them over” as in the dad thinks he owns the eyes already!

Power Uploader
doubters who know a lick of Japanese, please see
2cd0c041e9.jpg

I think the reason why a lot of people are not able to pick up on what's going on or getting confused by the last page is because they are missing out on the context that the Japanese readers get. The "と" at the end is a quotation particle, so in Japanese it makes sense contextually since in the previous page he says "Father, he," and then leads into "My eyes hand them over (was said)." An alternative way this could have been translated is to add a bit of context that the English language can't translate over by phrasing it as "He said to hand over my eyes" or simply write "My eyes, hand them over" with the quotation marks inside the speech bubble. Just putting it as it was would naturally confuse English speakers as they would interpret it as Shade suddenly demanding Lycoris to give him back his eyes, which makes no sense considering he was talking about his dad in the previous page.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the translations, I'm thankful to even get this in English at all. I just wanted to help clarify for others while also practicing my Japanese a little bit since I'm in the middle of studying the language.

Users who are viewing this thread