Yani Neko - Vol. 1 Ch. 19 - 19mg

Dex-chan lover
Psychic granny is right, catgirl here probably gonna die an early death.

Possibly even earlier than a human, since IRL, cats are harmed by nicotine even more than humans.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Old lady is a cat lady too! OMG
I wonder if we'll get to see more addicts

Dex-chan lover
Gipsy granny is right, catgirl here probably gonna die an early death.

Possibly even earlier than a human, since IRL, cats are harmed by nicotine even more than humans.
Hey man, that term before the word granny is a slur. I got a friend that's romani, so I try to tell people when they say it.
Also, weird fact, that slur is based on the idea that romani people were from Egypt...which, uh, they are not. at all.

Dex-chan lover
Hey man, that term before the word granny is a slur. I got a friend that's romani, so I try to tell people when they say it.
Also, weird fact, that slur is based on the idea that romani people were from Egypt...which, uh, they are not. at all.
"Gypsy" is a simple exonym, no more inherently offensive for it than "German", "Russian" or "Chinese" (none of whom call themselves that, either, surprisingly). It only becomes a slur if used as a slur. And if you demand a different word to be used as replacement, it will simply be used as a slur instead, just as well.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I don't personally see the big issue, but sure I will change the word, makes no difference to me.

Fed-Kun's army
Psychic granny is right, catgirl here probably gonna die an early death.

Lethal nicotine doses are usually stated to start at 50mg. Poor Yani, she's got 30 chapters left in her at best...

And if you demand a different word to be used as replacement, it will simply be used as a slur instead, just as well.
Depends which word you use. Medieval Austria and Spain sure though they were being smart outlawing "Gipsy" and instating "New citizen/New castillian" during their efforts at forced assimilation.

Users who are viewing this thread