Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Ch. 15 - Family

Don't know how to feel about that sister. I mean I understand that it's hard but still.

Fed-Kun's army
It is depressing knowing your family pain without being able to do anything.
If it were me I will not be able to take it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least she's got a sound reason to be so protective of her sister... She seems like a good girl, I'm sure she'll end up getting along with him =w=

I don't think anyone understand the older sister's frustration enough. All the sacrifices she's had to endure as an older sibling, all the nonstop hospital visits since newborn, all the stares from people in public, the talk behind their back, the dangers posing towards her sister, or the solitude of your sibling because of her handicap. Most don't have friends outside of their handicap social groups, when they yearn for "regular" friends too.

Not only that but there's even family rejection too. Whenever there's a family event, they're often left out by the family members, who'd rather socialize with the outside "guests," even after not having seen you over a year. Some rather not invite you at all.

To top that off, you have to live knowing she has to endure most of these things for the rest of her life, and there is nothing you can do most of the times, but to be strong for her.

The worst feeling as an older sibling is looking at your sad sister's face knowing she's being left out, rejected by the world, when she just wanted to be a regular person... it's crushing.

Aggregator gang
This manga does not hold back its punches. The fact that it's also delving into the hardships of family members who have to support someone with a disability is astonishing. Usually this stuff would be glossed over for comedy.

Things like these are what make this manga special and elevate it above 'just your average romcom'.

Dex-chan lover
After 11 pages on chapter 14, chapter 15 with its 5 pages looks to me like it was axed. I'm the only one who thinks that few pages missing here? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread