Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Ch. 29 - Before Dawn ①

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author is starting to imply she may have Autism, which could be interesting as a parallel. Things like her saying she can't look people in the eyes, constantly wearing things to block out too much sensory input, etc. would be good.

They're both straight tho...

And into the same guy...

And in the story has both narrative and thematic reasons why they both are attracted to him... @Ore

Dex-chan lover
"D-do you want sugar?" "No, these chapters already gave me a fatal overdose."
Meanwhile, although I bow to nobody in my fondness for yuri, @Ore is deeply mistaken. This is very much a . . . what's girl for bromance? Sis-mance? But sure, I mean, knock yourself out, no skin off my nose, but it ain't gonna happen.

Damn, Hachiko-chan is so me. I have so many limitations (thanks, social anxiety) and it's awful to be judged against a 'normal' person, I'll never win.

@Tamerlane

Ah, but she can hear normally with the headphones. They are more of an emotional cane than sensory deprivation. I would say that it would be due to a slower mental development than autism.

Though it would be interesting if the author did

i honestly believe that this manga does an amazing job of showing the troubles and inner thoughts of visually impared people, and to a further extent disabled people as a whole. It can be very hard to think of disabled people as normal just like the rest of us, however the thought process shown in the previous chapter of disabled people being normal humans who simply require different tools, is something I had never really thought of before; and it really does make a lot of sense.
Also the animosity toward disabled people for their special treatment is something that I think we all feel at times, I personally wish I could always park in disabled spots for their convenience, but fully understand why I can't. It can be hard to understand and relate to the disabled and we'd all like to be understood for our individual struggles, so the dialogue of this arc is probably boring to some, but is truly insightful and thought provoking.

Now if only it had longer/more chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread