Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 3 Ch. 53 - Sky ①

Fed-Kun's army
@Tatherwood He certainly did make a choice. But the range of choices available to him weren't necessarily the same as that of others due to his circumstances.

Does that mean he's not an asshole? Nah, he's still an asshole for his despicable actions. But he's different from a person who'd lived in perfectly normal circumstances, and still chose to behave like an asshole. So most of us believe that this guy deserves another chance, i.e. giving him a better set of circumstances so that he could've had better choices available to him. (Of course, if he was given another chance and still chose the worse option, I would pay to be on the front rows for a chance to stone the bugger.)

Is the above reasoning sensible? It is to me, at least. It may not make sense for you, or for anyone else for the matter. That's fine; after all, it's dealing with a prickly issue that's at the heart of the notion of justice which'll take too damn long to discuss (and probably end without any consensus either way). And that's fine too, people disagree on loads of things, and yet most get along well enough.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I get his story, the rocks and various obstacles "kind of" make sense, but that miso soup one is just plain stupid...

Dex-chan lover
I think what most of us misunderstood here is that this wasn't meant to redeem him but to just see his reasons. Does it justify his actions? HELL TO THE FREAKING NO! But it does explain what led up to that moment. I think what we forgot was the message of this manga. That no matter what happens there are reasons and circumstances to their actions. How those in ignorance just ignore them and to only see it how they want to see it. People who commented in the last chapter perfectly shows you all just wanted to hate the guy without even trying to understand his side of things.

Damn, people were crying and whining without giving time for the author to clear this.

Then again it's the internet, you'd wonder people who are reading a manga about bullying and misunderstanding others would act exactly that way lol

Users who are viewing this thread