Yeon Lok Heun - Vol. 2 Ch. 55 - Return

Thanks for the chapter!!!

Did LokHeun stay in disguised male form when visiting home or did she simply dress as a guy and let go of the face changing skills at home since she should be able to show her true face to her family? As I am curious which facial appearance did Wang see? I wish there was a way to tell if LokHeun was in face changed male form or her natural face.

@mix2 I’ve been trying to figure that out too! Some panels look like her male face, but others (like the one where she’s being embraced) resemble her female face, so I’m really not sure... maybe the author made it intentionally ambiguous 🤷‍♀️

Real question: WHY DIDN’T SHE TELL THE EMPEROR WHO THE LADY WAS/IS?! Now that the emperor is getting married, she ought to tell him the truth. She’s got nothing to lose by telling him but so much to loose by keeping it a secret.

@gingerreadsthings "Real question: WHY DIDN’T SHE TELL THE EMPEROR WHO THE LADY WAS/IS?! Now that the emperor is getting married, she ought to tell him the truth. She’s got nothing to lose by telling him but so much to loose by keeping it a secret."

Note: Speculation subject to edits at any time...

If I'm reading this part correctly, by revealing who the lady is Yeon believes she would be unhelpful to the emperor and she wants to be useful/more than that by serving and protecting the emperor. She is committed to continue her duty to fulfil the pledge that she made to her devote her life to repay for her father's life and abide by the prophecy of the Blood Dragon Sword. She believes being a general allows her to do all that. In addition, a) she is a humble person preferring to stay in the background b) @ninetailgumiho 's comment
There's also the lies she built fooling the emperor. Combined with all these factors -- but not limited to -- she feels she does not deserve to serve as a lady by his side even though she loves him. I suppose that by being silent about the whole matter, she hopes the emperor would eventually forget/lose interest in her/cease chasing after her as the lady whom the emperor loves and saved that night.

Users who are viewing this thread