Yeon Lok Heun - Vol. 2 Ch. 65 - Moonlight

THE poetry... beautiful and sad!
also, shit's about to go down!!! can't wait for the next chapters :( thank you so much!

she's exchanged cooties with him multiple times, clearly likes him, but still doesn't tell the truth. At this point, it is kinda silly.

@Autismonaut Well she is in a struggle: She wants to follow her feminine feelings, but that means to become the emperor's woman/empress. She prefer other options to be by the emperor's side and because of other reasons (ex. staying in the background and be treated the same as every other commoner, is a fighter and wishes to remain as the head general in which believes she would be more useful/helpful, fears, etc.); however, that comes at cost of her truths and her feminine feelings. She can't have both ways unless there is a change that she can have both.

Double-page supporter
Poetry was awesome. "I asked the high wind" that she begins with is her picking up from a line he had about a high wind that came down. She is not only checking on the time but also asking the heavens (like fate or gods and even his title). So she is reporting to the high wind that love is an illusion cast in the shadows.

In addition, the two lines that seem identical are not. The first line about the sun Incinerating the image is a judgment/natural consequence from the dawn. The second line is it came to pass.

Tl:dr She slammed poetry right back at him.

Appropriate that he wants someone to slam poetry with as his empress, right? Also, dude can paint/draw.

@end1eassabyss

yeah, i get what you're saying, but continually lying over a long period of time isn't good for mental health. humans naturally pursue and prefer the truth, even when it's uncomfortable. also, the emperor seems like he'd be cool with whatever tbh.

OMG, I was expecting that, but I never thought it was really going to happen! Thank you for the chapter. ♡

Even though it was sad, I thought this chapter was quite beautiful. Thank you for the translation

i really don't get it bro how can you not recognise the girl you're fvcking just bc she has men's clothes on? does he just stare at her ass the entire time or something? 🤦‍♀️

@mynameisneens : It goes to show how effective the Ki Energy Face-Changing skill (see chapter 12 for explanation) is that even the emperor cannot recognize Yeon as a female and the woman he is looking for.

Side note: In addition, the emperor misinterpret Yeon Lokheun's last name Yeon (연 = beautiful, fair) which also means lotus or from part of the word lotus flower (연꽃).

Users who are viewing this thread