Yesterday wo Utatte

i know it since beginning shinako will lose since she has hanakana as her va but still....................

fyi, kinoshita, rikuo's coworker, is also MC's friend back from high school days in Hitsuji no Uta, that's a neat crossover

also, Hitsuji no Uta is actually Toume's masterpiece (or rather i want to consider so), so definitly give it a shot if you like this one

Quite the comment section. I'm gonna put this on hold until there's a chill rainy day. Currently at volume 4, so I think it'll be pretty easy to finish it in one day.

He ended up with who I wanted him to end up with, but I honestly wished it had a better ending.
It seemed somewhat rushed, for there seemed to be a lot more room for the author to maybe show at least some moments in their relationship. Instead, it made me feel as if there were a few things missing.
Nonetheless, I still somewhat enjoyed the manga, and I'm excited to watch how some scenes play out in the anime

glad he ended up with who i wanted but mannnnnnn.. that ending felt very hollow like is that really it?

Starting to read cos the anime is interesting, ngl kinda disappointed with that end
in the end, there are almost any character development for shinako n rou. Shinako still living in a circle, cant move on from rou's bro, just see rou as a brother, and hopes nothing will change. Rou still madly in love for shinako and selfishly forced shinako to love him. Even the side char have a better development than them.

nonetheless, I still enjoy the ride. its one of a kind manga that could reflect real life.
irl, not everyone can be happy,
where there is happiness, there are others who are hurt

I think the anime portrayed
Rikuo and Shinako's "tiptoeing in their relationship"
pretty well. It just felt really off and awkward during that time that you already know
That they don't really have romantic feelings for each other.
Which is probably why I really enjoyed the ending more after watching the anime then reading the manga.

Fed-Kun's army
there was no point in reading this last volume then barely anything changed
rikuo is still a dumbass

Group Leader
since the anime was so fast pacing ( I mean, things didn't add up well...) I came to see if the manga could fill it... and oh my god, there's even more characters and plot(?)... so lazy to read all this shit just to know the ending is the same.

Haru and uozumi together (well, that's a trope already "first girl wins"), and shinako "loving" her first love's little brother.

I'm kind of disappointed, the whole story was "uozumi wants to be with shinako", but they don't really want to be together... then the story shouldn't brought them together in the first place... and just develop their true parents romance. With that I mean haru and uozumi's, because shinako and rou's is kind of a dead end...there's no point to develop something you can't develop. I mean, in real life, he NEVER going to be something else than shinako's DEAD first love's little brother. Bro... you can't overcome that... I mean... in real life, I don't know here.

Anyway, if someone liked this drama, do you believe is fast pacing too (anime)?

I like this manga. It's realistic. (apart from the convienient meetings all the time)

Shinako and Rou are frustrating characters, but that's the point. If you're frustrated by them, the mangaka accomplished their task. Every character is tied to the past in some way, to past feelings. Some overcome them, some don't. Those that do, find happiness, those that don't, are doomed to linger in purgatory and suffer.

While Rikuo and Haru will spend a happy lifetime together, Shinako and Rou will regret not having moved on. Especially Rou. He sacrificed everything for the sake of his childish obsession. The manga itself pointed it out nicely.

All the other characters got satisfying endings, as well. Even if it was a bit too saccharine, I'm glad no one was screwed over. A manga shouldn't be too realistic sometimes. ;)

The manga succeeded in conveying its message. The only thing I can criticize is that it was a bit too drawn out/ slow paced. But it's not a big deal. Glad I experienced it.

@In- san I like your review on this.
Especially this part:

"Even if it was a bit too saccharine, I'm glad no one was screwed over. A manga shouldn't be too realistic sometimes. ;)"

I definitely agree on that it shouldn't be too realistic the since sometimes i feel like the author is just being too realistic to gain more readers.

I need to read a quick ecchi romance after reading this ending, like why did Rou leave Rio WTF

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Love the art, hate the story. This one was not a great read.

Users who are viewing this thread