Yixia Fan Shang

i'm confused, if it's shounen ai then why is it reverse harem?? I wanna check but it's bl...

Contributor
@Wolfie-bigsister:

Honestly having read what of it there is I think that combination of tags was... possibly totally plausible.

In keeping with the hard-line division between shounen-ai and yaoi ("are there explicit sex scenes?") this has been technically shounen-ai, if only just, and with some small amount of genuine ambiguity on that front... But the writing style is pretty much light smut in the old-fashioned sense (not "this has sexual content" as mangadex has adapted it to mean, but as in, a particular style of lurid and salacious writing), and there's been multiple empassioned "fakeout" sex scenes so far (for want of a better description) of different stripes and colours.

It strongly feels like someone wanted to write yaoi but felt they couldn't or shouldn't. Note that MangaUpdates has this listed as "yaoi", also.

@meixiangsi: I don't see that tag anymore, but whoever was dumb enough to... who decided to gender harems on mangadex made the definition as being defined by the gender of the harem members, not that of the protagonist. I don't think I need to point out all the problems with that, but yeah. XD That said I'm going to be surprised if this is at all a harem. o_o; It hasn't been heading in that direction.

Contributor
@LoveSleeping: Yes, I'm aware. Though toeing this particular line as close as possible like this, isn't a result of that that I'm used to seeing? In my limited experience. But, still, the thought had occurred.

There is an official English release for this under the title ''Seduce and Subdue'' on WeComics. So you can show your support to the author there. <3
Good Girls Scan BL, if you can keep up with your work we'd appreciate it. I realized your version is better that the original english translations. Scenes are cut-off in the WeComics version.
Thank you for all your hard work so far, and thanks in advance if you keep working on it. This is a really nice work. :)

... darn this was really good, sucks that they stopped. I know I can read it somewhere else supposedly, but like on WeComics I have to get coins or something to keep reading? As much as I love this series I can’t spend any money rn TwT

Edit: Wait did they stop? The last chapter came out a day ago, I’m confused
(Because at the end it said they stoppped???)

Users who are viewing this thread