Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 163 - The Light of Dawn

Dex-chan lover
I still hate that ho for what she did to the detective’s parents glad she’s gone tho

Dex-chan lover
hell yeah brothers, she's finally dying
hopefully author kinda goes through with it and Mahiru dies too, but if he doesnt i dont mind much

but if, although its basically impossible, Kiku somehow survives, im dropping this instantly

I dont get this arc. They were chasing Mahiru and Kiku for what exactly? In the end they leave them alone anyway.

Dex-chan lover
yhlVpCF.png

the summation of the arc before this point.
Then we get a chapter that contains quite a bit of emotion.

Dex-chan lover
I dont get this arc. They were chasing Mahiru and Kiku for what exactly? In the end they leave them alone anyway.
Kou wanted to make up with Mahiru after their falling out, and he also wanted to make sure that his wanting to become a vampire wasn't something he was being manipulated into by a serial vampirizer that could as well use her charm power to charm him into compliance.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. She turns to ash. Mahiru's story was her weakness.

Mahiru doesn't though.
Kiku should have already been a vampire long before then, given the established backstory. Don't forget, she's the oldest vampire currently known by the cast. To say that this somehow qualified for a past-based weakness implies that literally ANY missing memory would qualify, which is contradicted by several other characters (namely Nazuna, Kabura, and Azami) already.

Seems more likely that those lines are just hard contours that needed to maybe be softened before they finalized it and forgot, or it's sweat from the sunlight hitting her that didn't translate well.

Dex-chan lover
How is he supposed to kill her now? Am I missing something?
I don't think the author has committed to any method of dying, I assumed the sun was going to do her in, but with the dialogue it makes me think hes not going to kill her. On the other hand, it could be hes resigned to die with her for some reason, this was really confusing which tracks for this author.

Dex-chan lover
I still hate that ho for what she did to the detective’s parents glad she’s gone tho
Ya, she destroyed countless people's lives over the centuries, but wants to go out on her own terms in a gross over romanticized way. It's a sick way of being self obsessed right to the end.

Dex-chan lover
How is he supposed to kill her now? Am I missing something?
Kiku BELIEVES, has the THEORY, that if a vampire falls in love with a human before drinking from him it will kill the vampire once she does. RUMORS between vampires say the opposite, that it will kill the human. The answer is UNKNOWN, so this could could either or NEITHER. People are assuming it's killing Kiku but are WRONG, she isn't rotting away, it's ambiguous on purpose.

Dex-chan lover
Kiku BELIEVES, has the THEORY, that if a vampire falls in love with a human before drinking from him it will kill the vampire once she does. RUMORS between vampires say the opposite, that it will kill the human. The answer is UNKNOWN, so this could could either or NEITHER. People are assuming it's killing Kiku but are WRONG, she isn't rotting away, it's ambiguous on purpose.
They could all be right.

Alternatively, it could be a metaphorical dying.

Users who are viewing this thread