Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 191 - Like Vampires

Dex-chan lover
Author said they hadn't had enough action yet to call it quits

Dex-chan lover
is this going to end with their vampire part dying? and both end being humans? or will they each turn their human part into vampires, becoming whole?

Fed-Kun's army
At this point, I'm on the train that has them both be half vampires now, kou is human and uses something to trigger a vampire like state. For nazuna might be the same,she's a vampire from birth, so she needs something to trigger her now human side.

Dex-chan lover
Haruka literally just wants to save Nazuna's life right now and y'all are hating on him lmao
Haruka has no say as to what Nazuna does with her life and at all. It is selfish of him to think he has to protect her as is shown this chapter when he REALLY wants to insert himself into her life in any way possible- creep. He also still is at best an acquaintance and a pretty much stranger otherwise to the majority of the cast.

Him attacking Kou right here is him being an asshole for zilch. Literal whiteknight, cringe character with only minor plot involvement that has had simply no impact yet apart from riling up MC by coming onto Nazuna heavily. Miss me with these bs characters (I know they exist for a reason and author succeed in making him annoying, well done for that. Still sucks seeing him at such important times when he is just a minor tool)

Hope you understand why people hate on him :p

Haruka has no say as to what Nazuna does with her life and at all. It is selfish of him to think he has to protect her as is shown this chapter when he REALLY wants to insert himself into her life in any way possible- creep. He also still is at best an acquaintance and a pretty much stranger otherwise to the majority of the cast.

Him attacking Kou right here is him being an asshole for zilch. Literal whiteknight, cringe character with only minor plot involvement that has had simply no impact yet apart from riling up MC by coming onto Nazuna heavily. Miss me with these bs characters (I know they exist for a reason and author succeed in making him annoying, well done for that. Still sucks seeing him at such important times when he is just a minor tool)

Hope you understand why people hate on him :p
Also the fact that Haruka is doing the same thing that happened to himself before he became a vampire. Don't force a decision on someone else and claim its for their own good, it's not kindness or helpfulness its just being selfish (which seems to be the point of this fight). Honestly I don't understand people defending his actions to kill Kou or even "fight for her". She already went to you and others for help and you guys weren't all that helpful.

Also it feels like the author was just like "oh shit this is still Shonen, TIME FOR SOME ACTION!!!!"

Dex-chan lover
Owo. Nazuna looks really cute in this art style! I understand why Haruka was upset, it was something like "she's only been drinking water for a month, but it takes a human longer than that to really die! Ha, ha." and Kou being aware but not doing anything about it is really horrible. Would he really die if his head was crushed? We've already seen that he can "heal" and "glue" parts together, but it would be interesting to see how far he can do this (or if he can do something else!)~ :meguupog:
Thks for the ch~

Dex-chan lover
It's at times like this that you gotta go balls out kou
-probably haruka 18 kills

Dex-chan lover
...you think Haruka's just trying to test Kou, somehow? I imagine even he couldn't be dumb enough to not understand that Nazuna would probably just step out into sunlight if Kou died. She'd probably murder him in retaliation before she commits suicide, too.

Kou's not thinking clear, either. Haruka notices that Kou can't confidently answer as to how long Nazuna's gone without blood, and Kou also tried to rationalize away the problem of Nazuna's increasing weakness due to not drinking blood by saying that it'd take a decade for a vampire to starve to death, as if he intended to wait that long. Of course, he's not intending to kill her, but he's not intending to wait that long, either... he's not intending anything beyond not going to school, in fact, but he's also not intending to risk letting Nazuna attempt to vamp him, so it calls into question why he resolved to not go back to school. Without him jumping to considering having her drink blood donations, it seems as if he also doesn't want her to drink anybody else's blood. Not because he wants her to die, of course, but because that's "their thing".

I think more than anything, Haruka is venting his frustration over Kou's indecision and the harm that Nazuna's incurring in the meantime.

That panel of Haruka's twisted-to-fuck hand and broken finger with the nail ripped out.

Ow.
Reminder: despite Viz' and Tonikaku's separate translations of chapter 1, when Kou was confronted by Sacchan, the internal monologue in the raws is outright "Shut up, ugly. I'll kill you."

As the kids would say, Kou's got that dog in him. If he didn't look up to Mahiru so much, he probably would have been a classic delinquent instead of an honor student-- hell, even his way of vampire shifting involves piercing his ear like a delinquent.

I like that subtlety.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread