Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Making kiddies

Double-page supporter
Always these losers outcome, hell, just tell one of them to transform him already and tell girl vampire a to fuck off.

I don't see how he really gets a harem here. He gets his choice of one, and he's a servant anyway, not so much as equal.

Anyway, what a chapter title.

Are only women vampires in this universe or something? Why is their whole family women? If all they need is blood sucking, I would think it shouldn't make a difference if a man does it, although I don't think Kou would enjoy it as much. This manga is weird. Enjoyable, but confusing. I know earlier they said you need love or whatever to get made into a vampire or at least servant, but it's just really conspicuous seeing a dude just meet the family with no men there. Unless who showed up is just who's confident he wouldn't mind getting bit by.

Fed-Kun's army
One reason they all might be women is that one vampire turned them all, and he/she was only attracted to women or only wanted female servants. It might be common for each successive generation to be relatively mono-gendered, if norms of attraction govern the chance to turn.

Fed-Kun's army
@icekatze I wouldn't call them evil - they're protecting their species and their rationale for their actions is respectable. If they were evil they would've killed the MC then and there but they're giving him a chance. You're just coming from a very sheltered 1st world point of view and it shows.

Dex-chan lover
@Petnavis
I really can't tell if you're trying to make a convincing argument, or if you're just trying to be insulting. "Sheltered 1st world point of view?" I gotta say, ad hominem is pretty weak.

Killing or enslaving anything that might pose a threat is not respectable, or even necessarily effective. Judging people based on what they do, not what they might potentially do in the future, is not something that became a standard because the world is a nice and fluffy place. In a world where people have friends and family that they care about, trying to eliminate anyone who crosses you will very likely cause more problems than it solves. As a group that, self-admittedly, exists in a precarious and vulnerable position, they'd be wise to try to avoid Bellum omnium contra omnes.

If they're really concerned about safety and security, they don't even need to do anything particularly vampire related. I mean look at real life. It's not like it's impossible to create and propagate a belief system. It's not like it's impossible to create a morally grey institution that is protected by law. Tobacco kills half the people who use it, but somehow that business is still alive and kicking. And they can do it without needing to murder everyone that learns the truth. (the tobacco industry is not exactly a high moral bar here.)

Telling someone to become a slave or die, is not any better than just killing them. It is arguably worse, depending on one's point of view. It's not like making an agreement under the threat of death counts as consent, any more than a signature made under duress counts as valid.

But you know what? Threatening to kill humans that know they exist is only half of what makes them evil. The other half is the way they attempt to control their own kind and limit what their existence can be. "Vampires exist to make more servants."

Telling Nazuna that her only purpose is making kiddies is not dissimilar to telling a woman that her only purpose is making babies. Forget great works, projects of passion, or any kind of self-actualization. It's certainly not the kind of life that Yamori is looking for, at the very least. They condemn each other to live in the shadow of humans, a bunch of paranoid killers always living in fear.

(Assuming that what Yamori is going through isn't just a test.)

wait, isnt how to make a vampire is by falling in love? Are they assuming Kou will fall in love with them instantly?

Also, I want to be the JK gyaru's servant 😍

Fed-Kun's army
@icekatze It's only an ad-hom if it's a comment made just to insult i.e. you're a retard - but it wasn't especially since your entire response reeks of it

Dex-chan lover
TBH, shouldn't they be encouraging him after he explains his reasons? He wants to become a vampire, they want Nazuna to create more servants, isn't that a win-win plan for 'em? o_O

Dex-chan lover
"So here's the deal,you can be a vampire. You can just choose from either 5 of us."
"Hmmm... Nah. I already have Nazuna."
My man's loyal to his waifu. Much respect.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh so the people show before were all vampire, and he fucking reject all XD really got his goal set in stone

Users who are viewing this thread