Yomei Nikagetsu no Isekai Kenkouhou - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Scholar

Dex-chan lover
Seems likely that rather than another world, they are still on Earth, and it's the future. We've not seen any other humans yet, right? And no one has identified them as humans. All these races are probably the descendants of humans. And humans aren't around anymore.
Though that doesn't explain why the various effects like leveling up and magic exist now.

Group Leader
Seems likely that rather than another world, they are still on Earth, and it's the future. We've not seen any other humans yet, right? And no one has identified them as humans. All these races are probably the descendants of humans. And humans aren't around anymore.
Though that doesn't explain why the various effects like leveling up and magic exist now.
I'm assuming the magic has something to do with the asteroid that hit the moon.

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming the magic has something to do with the asteroid that hit the moon.
I figured that was probably the case, but it's only been 800 years. They would know that magic and leveling only started afterwards, so you'd think she would've mentioned it. I guess she did say something about elementary magic, so maybe that's what she's talking about. Maybe they'll elaborate on it later.

Dex-chan lover
All the other isekai dribble really makes the idea of a dragon who only awakens on years that're prime numbers more novel than it should. Maybe that's just me? Brownie points for the ez name Prime Dragon being cool too.

I guess it's also in part to how the story telling has an old Dragon Quest vibe to it (imo). Makes it stand out a bit more.

Dex-chan lover
All the other isekai dribble really makes the idea of a dragon who only awakens on years that're prime numbers more novel than it should. Maybe that's just me? Brownie points for the ez name Prime Dragon being cool too.

I guess it's also in part to how the story telling has an old Dragon Quest vibe to it (imo). Makes it stand out a bit more.
Yeah. At a certain point, you get the gist of how the world works and how much Isekai stories tend to stick to the template of "the other world." Having a dragon with a sorta unique gimmick and a cool buildup to it really lets this story have something minor to it other than "I'm in another world + madlib"

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
at the last panel beside the huge draogn on a rock... ther eis someone sitting or?

and yeah i also think it is just earth after a thing happend

Contributor
I feel like it’s more of an alternative earth than a future earth, or at least I hope so. The whole “travel to the future and now there’s magic” gimmick is so played out at this point.

Dex-chan lover
optimus-primal.gif

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it’s more of an alternative earth than a future earth, or at least I hope so. The whole “travel to the future and now there’s magic” gimmick is so played out at this point.
I don't think it's that played out, really. Like, that's not that common of a setting. Alternative earth with magic, on the other hand, is essentially just a normal isekai setting.

Contributor
I don't think it's that played out, really. Like, that's not that common of a setting. Alternative earth with magic, on the other hand, is essentially just a normal isekai setting.
Imho alt timeline/universes is an established trend while “future earth, and they developed magic!” is starting to feel like a cliché, I’ve read like at least 10-20 titles where they have that as a big reveal and it’s starting to feel overdone (but that’s something I gotta deal with as isekai trash)

Dex-chan lover
Imho alt timeline/universes is an established trend while “future earth, and they developed magic!” is starting to feel like a cliché, I’ve read like at least 10-20 titles where they have that as a big reveal and it’s starting to feel overdone (but that’s something I gotta deal with as isekai trash)
I've only seen a handful that have that reveal.

Dex-chan lover
Earth future but with magic may be a little cliché but its always nice to see an isekai where someone actually understand math

thankfully your worthless hateful opinion won't affect anything at all.

Dex-chan lover
'Math is a helluva drug' would explain that elf researcher's behaviour.

its always nice to see an isekai where someone actually understand math
I'd be content if more mangaka bothered to keep consistent numbers. Too often they can't be arsed to look slightly upwards at something else that they just wrote on the same page. Even this one is guilty of that sin. The explanation about money has one copper coin at around a hundred yen (or one USD) and one silver at ten times that. One copper can buy a cup of tea or some bread, and one silver is one night's stay at an inn. Ignoring for a moment how bread and tea will probably cost a bit more than that, especially in Japan, a night's stay at any inn is going to cost way, way more than ten bucks. Like, nearly an order of magnitude more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread