Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Ch. 54 - Unexpected Meeting

Dex-chan lover
Does the WN say why he decided to eat his soul? I would have thought the makeup of his soul, would have been against such a thing. I honestly can't remember if he derives any power if he does so.
that because his skill evolve from soul crush to soul eater and its more convenient since its apply to all his attack, in almost end of novel Van even decide its quite problem for him to continue eat Guduranis soul part and decide to seal it since his soul leaning to much like Guduranis, thought hard any effect to his mind like when he eat Guduranis Libido soul part

Dex-chan lover
As most people have pointed out the ‘quality’ of the manga is so sporadic with its story telling, it keeps skipping around and not providing enough ample explanation when it does move from one scene to the next.

For most people who’ve read the WN or LN it makes sense but otherwise for first time viewers it leaves out so much context and is hard to follow.
I think the mangaka is trying to skip the most boring parts or reduce their lenght, therefore chapters with the MC levelling skills, training, travelling ans similar are absent, it happens all the time in novel adaptations, even mor ein isekai as readers now read enough to fill the blanks on our own.

Supporter
Ooooooh-
I didn’t see this coming quite this soon.
What’s the guy do,
Accept his wrong doing and apologize to can and his mother for the heartache they caused (which seems like he might based on his reaction to vans name)

Or fight him when van inevitably tries to get him

Dex-chan lover
Man this manga always have so many spoilers in the comments. Sometimes the spoilers are written as prediction.

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap I wasn’t expecting such an epic character to drop.

Thanks for the translation everyone at Mangasushi.

Double-page supporter
The last part when mother and son were killing each other made me recall that scene from "King's Men" movie.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda glad, that comms about Heinz here more objective, compared to wn, there people HATE Heinz, just because MC hate him.

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if I am wrong, it's been so long since I read the WN, but I remember him being basically being dragged around by the rest of the party. He definitely had involvement, but he spoke in numerous occasions during that affair on how wrong it felt. It's not like he can go against everyone to break a law he did not agree with...
Yeah see the thing is while he does say it feels wrong it’s for all of the wrong reasons. Instead of him seeing it as a senseless slaughter of an innocent. He says it does feel like something a hero would do. Basically only thinking of himself and how others perceive the action. Later on slight spoilers when he’s training and Alda shows Van by using a perfect clone of him from different points in the series. He convinces himself that by killing Van it will be his final atonement for killing his mom which makes no sense. What also doesn’t help is the fact that he’s constantly being pushed by either his party members or the literal gods he worships to not see the true consequences of actions and not take responsibility. While this may not seem that bad it’s the fact that it’s a constant of him shirking responsibility just because someone else said that it wasn’t his fault.

Dex-chan lover
Heinz doesn't deny his involvement, he just doesn't advertise it openly.

I don't think we can fault him for that especially since he IS doing what he can to atone.

What I like about this story's writing is that it makes it clear that Vandalieu is the unreasonable one here, he even admits as much in his internal monologue in the novel.
Yeah, but I feel he should be doing more to atone. Simply put because the adoption of Sellen isn’t very developed at this point it feels like self fulfillment for Heinz just to say that he’s doing something. I mean hell he literally uses the girl bait to draw out vampires and Alda extremists. What makes it worse is he forgives the extremist for trying to kill his adopted daughter only because they’re human. While I’m not trying to say that sparing the vampires is the right choice I feel as though not having the same standard for both humans and vampires doesn’t make what he’s doing right. He should either kill both or let both go. Also I don’t hate him because the narrative says to I simply hate Heinz as a character and the archetype he stands for. The self righteous hero who doesn’t understand the bigger picture and never takes the time to do so. Who constantly thinks what he’s doing is right no matter. Lastly I can see he doesn’t grow from the last fight Heinz and Van have in WN. While Van’s life was not in the line. During the final clash when Heinz was going to die and have his soul broken. Let me preface this by saying around this time I believe it stated that both Heinz and Van has somewhat comparable Attribute values meaning they should both have similar reaction times. You know what happens the god who was in charge summons a perfect copy of Darcia. And Van being himself doesn’t go through with his attack and instead protects his mom even he she was a clone. While Heinz who mind should have a similar reaction time should be able to do the same instead finished his attack piercing Van. Then says right afterwards he’s sorry or some bullshit and acting like hypocrite. He had enough time to not attack if he truly wanted to. While I’m not saying it would’ve been the right action it shows he truly doesn’t think his actions are wrong. The fact that his allies have to use such underhanded tactics to let him also irks me and shows people that Alda’s side is not the just and righteous as it says it is.

Double-page supporter
Hmm, WN reader here and I say, better read the WN. Its not that the manga is bad, but it leaves out a lot.

Double-page supporter
...The translator has stated that he asks so much money hoping that maybe someone else would take up the translation and maybe people would stop donating....
And here's an idea then,
If he doesn't want people donating, then stop them from donating.
Obviously he's the one who set up the donation system in the first place, so he has the ability to turn it off.
How come he didn't let it get picked up when another translator was starting to work on it? Instead of mass releasing chapters in an attempt to smother the new TL?

Dex-chan lover
Heinz was C->B rank when I put him in my notes. Now this guy's S-rank tier? Damn, it sucks so bad for Van to finally find the guy he's always wanted to destroy and realizing nothing he can do right now will succeed. I did like the anxious look on Heinz's face when he saw the name Vandalieu. Did he somehow remember him?

I'm guessing Selen is a dhampir child he helped to ease his guilt over murdering Vandalieu's mother. I wonder if she'll play a role in the story, or was just a one-off mob character to show off what Heinz was doing since the time he killed Darcia.
More guilt for killing Van. Handing Darcia over to the church is the "right" thing to do, and you can rationalize that he didn't know they would brutally murder her, but he did know that Van was only a month old baby, that would die if his mother didn't return that day.
Edit: In short Darcia committed a crime, the punishment was overblown, but Van was an innocent.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Does the WN say why he decided to eat his soul? I would have thought the makeup of his soul, would have been against such a thing. I honestly can't remember if he derives any power if he does so.
You see in just this chapter that he gets powers from eating souls of Gods, the stretchy tongue, and powers or abilities from anyone else will be shown later when it becomes more of a habit to eat his enemies.

Group Leader
Its funny how not true this is if you look at any characters name so far lol
Maybe it only applies to vampires or something idk

His mom probably said it while they beat her to death no?
It was said in the first or 2nd volume of the ln That it was a common practice somewhere. Forget where or what the conditions were exactly

Thanks for the chapter Mangasushi! I really like this series and I'm glad to see a chapter out so quickly.

Dex-chan lover
He's doing better than many "heroes" who perform Olympics level mental gymnastics to justify their misdeeds and then double down whenever a chance to not be a fuckup arises. He was wrong, he knows that now, and he's trying to be better where he can't undo the damage.
His only fault is that he doesn't have boobs, otherwise he would have been forgiven years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread