Yoru to Umi

Dex-chan lover
Interesting pair. Main girl is a hardass, swimming girl is kind of a cheerful airhead . . . I kind of like it.

Okay, so this is the third shojou-ai manga I've seen that uses aquatic/oceanic symbolism. It can't be coincidence. Is this like... an established thing? Is there an obvious pun or metaphor or something I'm not picking up on?

Dex-chan lover
Still patiently waiting for miracle updates*_*....not gonna lose hope not if I'm still breathing.

I think it's not completed yet. Comic Trail has it updated on June 5th

https://comic-trail.jp/series/yorutoumi?fbclid=IwAR2PQGbtX-GNpx_hI7UBhGXfBj8iO_XQSag6giTIWikN7t33Z0_R53mLA2g

Is the writing that cryptic, or are the translators just bad? Now I wanna look at the raws...
EDIT: Looked at the raws, the translation for the last chapter is quite incorrect. In general, it seems this translation team has a bad habit of mistranslating the null-but-often-clear-enough subjects in sentences, which leads to many misunderstandings. Maybe I'll upload a mini script here when I get off work.

the translation is quite confusing but im still grateful it's getting translated at all! a very interesting story!

This is great. The lead characters are fairly fresh and have a believable dynamic, and their relationship doesn't advance at light speed so there's plenty of material and drama to go on their path to straight yuri. I just wish the mangaka put in more night-themed imagery and panel shenanigans to coincide and contrast with the ocean/fishes. Bats and the occasional vampire outfit isn't quite enough.

Users who are viewing this thread