Yoshimi Seki Horror Collection - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Equation of Light and Shadow

Wow, I do know that they are both good and bad people, everyone knows that. But that kind of parents? Human garbage.

Group Leader
Something in me telling me it's fictional, but at the same time I know these scumbags are out there irl, living the social lives. #2020

Dex-chan lover
Holly shit her parents are crazy, both of them, wire tapping into attempted murder, way to go.
Having the girl apologizing and then thanking them was the worst part, they shows that her parents have no remorse at all.

Sometimes humans just snap. It's scary really. If you feel the stress building up, don't ignore it, take a breather.

Dex-chan lover
page 17 is broken, the brown-haired girl says the same thing twice at the bottom.

Dex-chan lover
HOLY GOD the adults in this story are awful??? And that ending, where she goes and APOLOGIZES to her parents who have WIRETAPPED her in addition to putting far too much academic pressure on her and not noticing the strain she's under despite the fact that, once again, they have LITERALLY WIRETAPPED HER. And what, the story is just... fine with that? Fine with lying to children? Heck, it portrays the kids as snapping due to the evil that's inherently inside us all rather than a reaction to the awful, awful human beings that raise them and have power over their lives? Jesus Christ.

Not quite, of course. There is a bit of nominal voice given to the children, who are allowed to have little bits of space where they are aware of how hypocritical and awful their parents are. But then the story concludes with the mom literally garroting her daughter, but failing, and then it ends on a tender scene between the two of them? Jesus. Like, I get what the story was going for, in terms of message (this author is not subtle), but it is just told in the most awful, conciliatory way. Spare a thought for the children, man! They're all of your protagonists!

Users who are viewing this thread