Yotsuba&! - Ch. 109 - Yotsuba & Hiking (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Finally a new chapter! We should now be only a couple months away from her first day at school, so maybe around 2030? I'm sure that Azuma planned to get there as we were introduced to future classmate Mi-chan some 6-7 years ago (alto-cumulus boy is another possibility imo). He started out with six chapters per year, which I think is a good pace. Time to do the job properly, Hakumei and Mikochi is another manga on that schedule. But I guess he has had enough success to decide his own pace, and I don't blame him for that. Give me a new chapter now and then, and I'm happy. Just don't quit!

20 years since the first chapter, so if manga time was real time she would be 25 now. Made me think of the fun theory I read about 10 years ago, that Alpha from YKK is really Yotsuba several centuries in the future. Both have green hair and age very slowly, so why not?

Contributor
I feel like the adults in Yotsuba have their own slice of life manga going on outside of what we see. I'm not sure if I would want to read it if it actually existed or if I would want to leave it at implications

Group Leader
Route 6 avoids most all the attractions so they'll have a nice hike through the woods. I wonder which route they'll take coming down? Personally I would go for route 4 for the suspension bridge and then they can see the monkeys before the chairlift station. I took the chairlift+route 1 to the summit and route 6 down when I went.

Aggregator gang
how pleasantly surprised i was when i saw there was a new chapter for this 😭 can't wait for the next one in like 6 months!!!

Dex-chan lover
Lol, their relationship...just like siblings!

Also, the art (especially the environment) is exquisite!

Fed-Kun's army
Made my day for just this chapter existing out of the years we've been waiting

Aggregator gang
she should've been in Middle School by now and it would give Azuma new topics to tackle as Yotsuba ages. We could get a coming of age arc where Yotsuba finds out and makes peace with being adopted.
In-context it's only been a few months since Yotsuba and her dad moved into the house next to the Ayases. It's was near Christmas a few chapters ago and it's unclear if that passed and was skipped over but I'd guess not.

I can't believe Yanda and Yotsuba manage to get along! (For now)
At the end of the day he's a grown-up, albeit a bit immature. He just took on this role of teasing/challenging her, as it seemed like she was lacking that experience in her daily life.

Dex-chan lover
At the end of the day he's a grown-up, albeit a bit immature. He just took on this role of teasing/challenging her, as it seemed like she was lacking that experience in her daily life.
Fair point. I guess this shows that Yanda is actually an adult. Its easy to forget seeing how childish he can be with Yotsuba.

Can totally see Yotsuba started to respect him only for him to tease Yotsuba again once they come down from the mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread