You and I are Polar Opposites - Ch. 52 - Yeah No

Dex-chan lover
This is the most thinking we’ve ever seen Az do. This was such a good chapter. Their development is paced really well… it’s clear that she is starting to develop real romantic feelings for him and she’s trying to figure that out because she’s never been with someone she truly liked and had skin in the game with. It’s been all unserious flings in the past.

Taira on the other hand is starting to take on a more straightforward and chill air, and it’s a good look. He will definitely return her feelings, he just doesn’t even fathom the thought that Az could like him like that. This may be the most complex relationship of all the couples, and we are here for it.

Dex-chan lover
Good word for what it looks like she's feeling.

"Your ability to sing them is irrelevant."
So it's like regular karaoke?

"You're gonna make fun of me."
"Of course I am!"
Well, at least she's honest. But not good for building trust. The making fun of part, not the being honest part.

If she feels like she can't just do it on a whim, it at least means he is already special to her.

"The nerdy protagonist with a trendy girlfriend..."
I'd say "individualistic" rather than "trendy", though.

"What are you, my mom?"
That line again. I think. Seems familiar.

Sweet of her to immediately try to get him to not think he was the only one thinking that.

Suddenly detailed sneakers.

There's no need to caption that she's got a spring in her step. It's already shown, no need to tell.

I was worried how Taira would handle a girl like Azuma, but seeing how he and she are both constantly developing into better persons, I guess it'll be ok, and cute, of course...
That's how relationships and characters should develop. Growing side by side, and together.

Their development is paced really well…
I like that they're taking their time with it, but still moving forward.

Dex-chan lover
Taira subconsciously gaslit Azuma into sharing his social anxieties... which strangely enough, she needed.

Users who are viewing this thread