Youjo Musou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Heroes At That Time

I always wondering when it come this kind of pathetic hero and his party troupe, how can such a lowly creature like him is recognized and choosen as a hero? Did the king or whoever did the choosing doing some background check first? Or measure his stats and skills before? This kind of writing is just pretty stupid for me to see
I think the problem with the idiot hero trope they often skip the the background story and focus on the betrayal part. And keep it until the revenge part as a flashback at the end just for the sake of telling.

In these kinds of tropes, A Hero is about progress and companionship. They were chosen based on their potential power but not by their current power. Pretty much using the Dragon Quest formula

They are mostly just normal kids until fame, money, and power make a mess with their minds or the king just simply don't care as long they have their power, or it's the prophecy.
But man... Some stories just don't make any sense if you think about it too much lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They are mostly just normal kids until fame, money, and power make a mess with their minds or the king just simply don't care as long they have their power, or it's the prophecy.
But man... Some stories just don't make any sense if you think about it too much lol
Yeah, I think most of these stories are an excuse for the author to get back at a strawman privileged kid who’s more successful because of his status instead of his ability. I do think that’s a theme people everywhere resonate with, but I also think it’s a bit of a weakness since the point of these stories usually ends up boiling down to watching assholes get their comeuppance, instead of the actual characters or content of the story.

On the topic of this chapter, interesting to see the Margrave getting the news about his daughter’s death so soon… There’ll definitely be some good drama in the short term, but I wonder if we’ll end up seeing the Margrave joining forces with the demons against the human kingdom once that’s resolved? Curious to see how this turns out, enough to ignore the unhealthily sharp spike in my blood sugar levels.
qm019u.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
I always wondering when it come this kind of pathetic hero and his party troupe, how can such a lowly creature like him is recognized and choosen as a hero? Did the king or whoever did the choosing doing some background check first? Or measure his stats and skills before? This kind of writing is just pretty stupid for me to see
Their society based on God given skills recieved at a coming of age ceremony. The MC was given the ability to Summon heroes from the past and the "Hero" never really bothered to find out what all her skill entailed. They just knew from reports and rumors that she could heal. So that was the job she was given.

--edit--
Just went back to make sure I remembered correctly and found that she's had the summoning skill since birth. The rest though is mostly right.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And it was in that moment the hero realised; he'd f***ed up.

Love this series. Thanks for the translation.

a lot of people are talking about lilith's dad or the awful hero but i feel like lilith calling adramelech "peacock" is criminally under-discussed. it's so cute that she's still (rightfully so) mad at him but she still wants to compliment his fashion sense so calling him peacock makes a lot of sense especially if lilith's mentality is becoming younger to match her body.

Dex-chan lover
a lot of people are talking about lilith's dad or the awful hero but i feel like lilith calling adramelech "peacock" is criminally under-discussed. it's so cute that she's still (rightfully so) mad at him but she still wants to compliment his fashion sense so calling him peacock makes a lot of sense especially if lilith's mentality is becoming younger to match her body.
I dont know if it's meant to be a slight or just a reference to his demonological roots as being a donkey-peacock

Anyone know when or if the dad (and her family) joins the fold to reunite with his daughter as a demon too?

I dont know if it's meant to be a slight or just a reference to his demonological roots as being a donkey-peacock
oh yeah totally forgot about that good catch

i do think it was intended to be an insult using that reference then since adramelech asks lilith to not call him that. the other thought that i just had was it could've been an attempt at a nickname but it's kinda rude like children are known to do.

Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to see how the father is going to approach the hero and possibly 'question' him thoroughly.

I foresee a possibly rampage in the future, and I think it's gonna be guuuuud.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed. Normally, I would expect a bad-quality hero to have the strength of at least B-rank adventurer.
Unless it's one of those stories where hero is just a little kid who needs to train for decades with masters of every kind of fighting before he is ready to face the demon king.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder who made that useless creature as a hero? Low power, low IQ, low accuracy, low magic, and low of everything needed to be a hero.
There's a laughably sizable number of titles which have heroes who are dumber than rocks, highly questionable of character, and were given the title just because they were perceived to be strong. Honored merely for their supposed skill in swinging a blade, and virtually nothing else. If you even involve politics, the King, or even an entire faction of nobles could have pushed for it, just to have the prestige of having the so-called "Hero" born from the people of their territory.

That said, with the Margrave's reaction, I sense a dead man walking.

Dex-chan lover
More likely bloodline supremacy.

don't hold out on us, give us the deets

As I understand it, Her family is not entirely convinced she is dead considering they know her power and sent out summons to investigate(some bird spirits) . They found her . She know her family will go ballistic and might target the wrong target so they went there to let them know and show the recording of the betrayal , poor table . Their reaction to her being smol is the same as the others .

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The way of the self-entitled murderhobo is dark and twisted. And sadly I see it reflected in the younger generations more and more. All too often I'll be reading comments and I'll encounter the ignorant spewing violence with little regard twords any semblance of morals or compassion.
3ac9d763641a110f7dffacc0a25249190d79879b0051b08857ddd739fe128773_1.jpg

Double-page supporter
like isn't hero name is hayato. which means he most likely from japan that got summoned to this world. so unfortunately because summoned hero is practically gacha the king don't know what kind hero will he get.

Dex-chan lover
What? You've never been on Facebook?
You mean anywhere people gather, wether reddit, tiktok, FB ect.

Well this is a first of seeing the king freak out and rightly so a margraves kid died when they specifically forced her to come. How did the "Hero" not know her parentage?

With how pathetic these people all are in the hero party how were they picked if they cant even beat a single Ogre?

Hero also admitted to the King they couldnt make it even to the Demon territory without losing someone critical to the party.

Users who are viewing this thread