Your True Color - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.5 - From now on

Dex-chan lover
Well, its fine if they dont want to pick a label... but at the same time they're simply dating. They're not just friends or roommates.
They love each over, share their lives and have all kinds of intimacy. I mean, if their not just dating then they're a married couple?

Dex-chan lover
"never putting the label"
Why would you suddenly go all pretentious like that, especially on the second to last page? That just sours the mood for the ending. "Yeah, we just act like a (happily) married couples but don't you dare put a label on us." It's second to last page, you don't know it why bother mentioning about it. Anyone knew understands anyway.

Double-page supporter
"never putting the label"
Why would you suddenly go all pretentious like that, especially on the second to last page? That just sours the mood for the ending. "Yeah, we just act like a (happily) married couples but don't you dare put a label on us." It's second to last page, you don't know it why bother mentioning about it. Anyone knew understands anyway.
a fair amount of japanese media dealing with LGBT stuff has a weird obsession with "never putting a label" on the relationship. I'm sure some people think it's cute, but i'm too cynical not to think it's because it distances the story from real life implications of homosexuality. There's also a weird preconception in Japan of lesbian relationships being somehow more pure? and i think never explicitly calling it dating plays into that.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand this trope of "no label". Is it really that hard to just label each other as "Partners"? Still happy ending makes me happy so spread the happiness!

Dex-chan lover
Agreeing with all the comments here. The no label thing just feels so weird and out of place.

Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread