You've Got the Wrong Girl

Dex-chan lover
One of those manhwas where you don't need to read past the premise to see how it would all unwrap

This is horrible, cliché storyline, same face syndrome, bad storytelling, and annoying characters make this a D tier story, I’ll probably finish it and update my score but it’s a 4/10. The genius story telling usually revolves around the countless tantrums the main boy has, where the reason is usually “why did you do the totally normal thing that anyone would do” then 2 chapters later the MB would apologize being like “sorry for going out on you like that, my old family was abusive 🫤” and between the main girl reasons the MB’s actions by saying “omg he is sick why didn’t I think of that” and doesn’t callout his baby brain ass also MB is called CASSIS🤢🤢🤢🤢

Dex-chan lover
Its a stereotypical Villainess story, that basically follows the format to an exact tee with little to no interesting deviations.

It also has the consistent writing issue that the cookie-cutter stories of this genre tend to have, where the author tries to force the MC into always believing 100% that the story will play out like the novel will, despite being shown multiple times that their involvement has changed things. Literally, they keep beating this point to death where the MC goes:

"Oh no! Why isn't the plot following the novel! Why does ML not go after FL when they are destined together!"

Like, why even make her a reincarnated person if she is going to be braindead about this point the entire series?

This is horrible, cliché storyline, same face syndrome, bad storytelling, and annoying…
no wait something interesting happens chapter 18 but it used it so bad that is honestly made the story worse 4/10 still (also how old are these characters I can’t think of a single time that it mentions their age) also chapter 19 turned crazy in one sentence 😂

Last edited:
Personally I’ve enjoyed reading it to chapter 54. As it stands, it’s more slice of life than anything, definitely a slow burn romance. It doesn’t do anything super unique, but it’s a well executed story which makes sense and has strong world building and characters.

My biggest complaint would be mc thinking that everything will go to shit if she causes the story to deviate, but she’s still her own person, not playing at being a “villainess” like some mcs do. It doesn’t ruin the story, but it definitely could be cause for annoyance for a reader. Some other comments complained about the male lead, Cassis. They’re fine, even early on. The mc is 10 while Cassis is 12. MC and Cassis make for a good couple especially later on and you get a good window into the perspectives of both.

In terms of complaints that it’s generic, like I’ve said, it doesn’t do anything super unique, but it’s not so bland that you may as well read the story/stories it copies. Rather, I think it does a good at marrying together existing tropes to create a story that is familiar and relaxing to read. There are also some comedy bits that I enjoyed. Additionally, the characters are all pretty and frankly pleasant to look at, without being excessively shiny. They all have distinct personalities and feel like they could be real people. Another feature is the clothes that the mc wears, which are unique while not being excessive or off-putting. The art in general is very high quality without slipping in any particular area.

I’m really excited to read season 2, if or whenever that starts getting released (to read, in English). I’d rate it a 9.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread