Yuan Long

hmmm "road of Jackie Chan" hmm... is it reference to "the Medallion" movie where Jackie Chan stars?

Chinese Manhwa are becoming more and more bizarre, what’s frustrating is that there are some legitimately good light novels that still don’t have adaptations

Did someone machine translate that summary? It’s awful.

If someone @ me with the original chinese summary, I’ll give a better translation.

Let me guess, MC gets/starts with OP powers relative to everyone else, quickly obtains a 10/10 love interest which expands into a harem, all the girls remain madly in love with the MC forever even though he shows zero interest in them, all the villains are badly written and kick puppies for fun and every arc is the MC basically making girls wet as more and more girls throw themselves at him.

How close am I?

Here’s a better translation of the summary, not MTL.

Special forces operative Wang Sheng transmigrated into the world of Yuanhun (Origin Spirits). There, he was possessed by a useless spirit —a carp—,
becoming an infamous trash in the world of Origin Spirits!

In this world filled with experts, Wang Sheng used the knowledges he acquires to surmount all difficulties, even finding a way to evolve his useless spirit carp! From a sparrow to a Phoenix, from a carp to a Dragon! In this sinister and vicious world full of disputes, he will make his own path towards towards success!
*Legends says that a carp who leaps over the the Dragon’s gate will become a dragon itself.
Meaning, through effort and courage, even an insignificant carp can defy its own fate and become a dragon.

The “road of Jackie chan” is not even the original meaning at all lol. 成龙之路 is an idiom, with 成龙 meaning “becoming a dragon” (meaning “obtaining success”). So basically, it’s the road to success; an obvious pun since we are talking about a literal carp spirit which will (probably literally) become a dragon. (成龙 are also the exact characters for Jackie chan’s name, hence the confusion here).

Title basically means the Origin Dragon or something like that.

I read the machine translated novel version of this comic. Pretty cool reading about the main character headshot villains of the cultivation world from miles away with his sniper gun.

Dex-chan lover
The translation goes on beyond what's available here, but it's so awful that the only way to describe it is "AIDS in language form". In other words, it could really use a retranslation. The manhua itself sure as shit deserves it.

Some group, please save this from the hands of ManhuaUS. It can't be considered sniping they don't translate, they butcher the language and ruin the manhua.

So, as of now, I have read all 99 chapters that are currently translated, most of them on youtube.

While ManhuaUS is the worst trash at the scanlation scene, their translation seems to be a bit less shit later on... but still trash unfortunately

Battle Manga Channel is almost the same, a bit less trash, but they did it only up to chapter 66.

Said that, my point is, this story is indeed above average, the modern soldier MC actually acts like what you would expect of a modern soldier, the story actually have a nice flow, and you don't feel like you are reading the exact same story with the exact same scenes for the 10000th time.

So, any decent scanlation group, please, do this story justice with a good translation!

as someone who read the raws, this one is... ok i guess. i mean its nothing special but at the same time it's not offensively bad like some other stuff. MC has at least some sense of subtly sometimes and uses his brain much more than the typical manhua protagonist. Art is serviceable and does enough to progress the story. Still filled with cliche but most of em are executed well enough that it's tolerable for the most part.
Not exactly good but better than most of the manhua trash out there.

Group Leader
The donghua can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBakWosU0sfiZM8WAebFh8_Ds8bTA0U1R (and it's really good)

Dex-chan lover
What are you talking about. Carp can become dragon you know. Take a look at Gyarados

Users who are viewing this thread