Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai - Vol. 12 Ch. 59 - Yugami-kun Has to Accompany

Dex-chan lover
Whoa lucky i had just caught up to this series and a new chapter comes out.

So Yugami and Chihiro ignore each other ... welp im pretty sure the manga is gonna end with them just being friends.

Aggregator gang
Why is the cousin even asking why is Yugami making that face? Isn't he always making that face when he sees her? 😂

Double-page supporter
Thanks a lot @Unrequited for bringing to us this daily chapter.

I think Yugami-kun meets strength in solipsism. The social goal of living by oneself, like his cousin says, is no other than a falacy that most people are forced to live in. While very few people can satisfactorily make a living alone, that is not true for the majority.

There's always something indescribably adorable about Chihiro trying her best to salvage things for people caught up in the wake of Yugami's uncompromising behaviour. And even trying to save Yugami from making things worse for himself. Now she doesn't even hesitate to block his mouth with her hand to shut him up. It's like he's a problem dog that only she can (or can be bothered to) handle.

Thanks again Traumarei scans!

@JustCallMeDaBoss
It's actually been updating almost everyday recently since the past 3 weeks, so expect to feel even luckier. This was pretty much dead until before then.

@d3ban I agree. It's funny and also adorable how much she understands and can handle him so well now.

Power Uploader
@d3ban I disagree. Actually, everything Chihiro does to "help" Yugami is just for her self-satisfaction.

Actually, a lot of people around Yugami are busybodies who should just mind their own business. They see him as someone who's necessarily unhappy, because he doesn't have friends and is self-reliant. It doesn't fit with the Japanese ideal that you can only thrive in groups. Actually, they are all trying, including Chihiro, to make themselves feel good and try to reinforce that this ideal is the only way to go.

He enjoys looking at castles for hours and imagine history, alone. Everyone else around him find it boring. So what? He doesn't have to comply to their demands to conform. He doesn't ask, or even *need*, their compassion or help.

Most people around him are just hindering him and are just only stopping short of bullying him because he's *different*.

I think this is the message from this manga: Yugami didn't change at all from chapter 1, despite all the efforts from the people with "good intentions". But he changed them and without even trying, helped them mature.

I might be wrong here, but wouldn't that be the first time Yugami called a girl by her name ("Suzune-chan", at the family restaurant), I might have to reread the whole thing again I guess.

Also, that Chihiro on the title page is so pretty.

people seem to want Yugami and Chihiro to get together. but i don't get it

Yugami seems perfectly happy in his solitude (and quite frankly, i'd pity the person he ultimately ends up with)

I do enjoy his character a lot. but at the end of the day, but he's someone you only interact w/ from a comfortable distance where his antics have the least chance of affecting you. plus all parties will be happier that way

@Kirin-kun
Everything everyone does is for their own self-satisfaction, it's a pointless distinction to make. The only thing that matters is whether they do it in good faith and Chihiro certainly does things in good faith for Yugami.

Also, most people have already given up on trying to change Yugami and simply accept that he is who he is, Chihiro included. When possible, they don't bother him and simply leave him alone. The only people going out of their way to cause trouble for him are busybodies like Suzune, Kourugi-sensei and Kaori. The scenarios where normal people butt heads with him is when they are minding their own business, but their business just so happens to involve Yugami, like with the baseball team. In that scenario, it's equally selfish for Yugami to impose his own ideals on others as they do on him.

Lol as someone who’s so used to being alone all the time, Yugami’s words and actions really resonate with me.

Not trying to be a special snowflake or anything but honestly for a loner like me (or Yugami in this case) doing lone activities like strolling around to unknown places or train hopping are miles better than stuffs that require you to socialize or mingle with the crowd.

@Unrequited
First off thank you for the chapter and fast releases in general.
I do however feel that this project could do with a proofreader for some of the phrasing and tenses. In this chapter's omake for example "Expert in roping off territories" should probably be "Expert in defending territories" and "It makes you want to put up some rope" would thus be "It makes you want to put up some defenses". If you're interested I can point out other instances in previous chapters.
Disclaimer: I can't read Japanese and haven't seen the raws.

Power Uploader
Honeslty I'm just in awe at how cuter and cuter Chihiro keeps getting throughout the chapters. Her being super cute isn't really a necessity but damn is it nice on the eyes and hard to ignore as it progresses.
Also, this really feels like the start of a "Yugami tries to make some friends for his cousin" arc.

@3ate4 It says "the feeling of someone who developed the preliminary design" beside it, so it might pretty well mean actually roping things off, i.e. using ropes to draw the plots of land where the castle will eventually be built. In any case, thanks for the translation, Träumerei Scans!

Users who are viewing this thread