Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

MAKE A SPIN-OF OF THEIR ROMANCE POST-STORY!! I WANNA SEE YUGAMI MADE CHIHIRO DIE FROM SHOCK BECAUSE HE PROPOSE HER!! LIKE, RIGHT NOW!!! 😬😬😬😬😬

Fed-Kun's army
Slow, but an overall great read... really helped me view life in a different perspective! Live for your own happiness, not to impress others!

reread it again for the 10 times. that earlobe scene always make my heart go kyuuunnn chihiro is like the best thing ever exist

You do not understand on a spiritual level how much I loved this series from start to end. I will miss this so so so fucking much.
Chihiro writing her letter, the earlobe scene, the one where he faced off with ace in semi-finals. I loved every single second of this masterpiece.

Double-page supporter
I'm still waiting for the day this manga bores me when I reread it, it will never come.

Double-page supporter
Note there the volume 1 omakes has now been translated!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1086189/comments

Twitter art collection all sourced from freely-available images on the mangaka's twitter: https://twitter.com/Sakura_Jun

Lots of untranslated captions, but I don't think it violates the "no raws" rule since they're mostly big art pages and they're public.

Dex-chan lover
10 fucking stars bois. The translator named /a/non is the hidden savior yet again.

Double-page supporter
@depzdai /a/non has saved so many great manga from being untranslated, it's crazy. I'm forever glad Yugami got to be fully translated.

That last bit. He stops listening to rakugo (puts down his earphone) to meet her. Idk i feel like this could mean that yugami now values chihiro more than rakugo (?)

Damn. That ending felt so satisfying.
Thankyou soooo much for translating this gem

I feel empty after re-reading it.
I want to see them together. Someone make an ending with them married please T.T

im a new reader to this, but I kinda feel like its super slow at the start or is it just me? still in volume 2 chap. 16. dunno if I wanna continue if the next 4 volumes doesn't have anything spicy to it.

I am going to be putting my review in spoiler mode because of how long it'll be, and I don't really want to take up the comment section's space awkwardly.

9/10, and this is coming from someone that has read a lot of slice of life and romance manga/manhwa.

By far, the best slice of life manga I've ever read. Personally, this genre has never sat tight for me. I thought it was maybe because of the story plot itself. That, I was more of a fantasy and adventure type of lover. However, this manga clearly changed my opinion. I found out, that it was simply because most of the slice of life mangas I've read had characters that was completely boorish. The characters could never stand by itself. How was I going to find fun in reading this genre if the most integral part of slice of life, that being the characters, were so utterly lacking?

With this manga, I didn't need to be excited by whatever took place in the school. Firstly, the MC and ML. They both had their own problems to solve at the start. Instead of vastly changing who they were, the author explored the concept of just embracing who you are. This worked out very neatly, as even both their negativities had their own charms too. Despite being polar opposites, both MC and ML has a perfect dynamic. The rest of the characters was very entertaining to read too. You see, whenever an author pushes a big misunderstanding between two characters, it's usually for the sake of spicying the story up, to add excitment and drama. However, that might come off as rather repetitive and tiring to read, as being the reader, it's like watching two idiotic friends arguing about something completely idiotic over a misunderstanding. In this case, the misunderstanding is like an onion, many layers of it. Drama, rumours, distrust, there's those themes going on, and yet the author still masterfully manages to make it not annoying and in the end has a moral lesson about it. There were a lot of instances where I could relate to the characters' frustration as a highschooler.

And, the scenes. The earlobe scene, the letter exchanges, ML handing several gifts to MC. Despite a lot of his gestures and scenes not meant to be romantic, it was still a very touching scene to read. A lot of romance mangas tends to miss a big thing, and that is substance. Placing two characters together in a room and making them being attracted to each other instantly is no fun to read. If you've read it all, it gets old. What matters is always the scenes in between. And, this story has it. That's how wonderful the MC and ML's relationship was to read. You don't need kissing, you don't need physical attraction. They both enjoyed each other's company, and I could just read them conversing for hours on end. That is what's missing in a lot of shoujo mangas.

People always ask for a romance manga's pace to get faster so they can get to the juicer and romantic scenes. I get that, I understand. But, a good relationship dynamic between both love interests needs to take time to marinate. You're here to get to the cute scenes, but if I were to ask you to differentiate those mangas you've read, were any of the characters, by themselves, memorable? Can you recall what makes this ML or MC different from the rest you've read?
In this day and age, a story with an interesting description is not a rarity to come by. What makes a story good should always be this: Is it memorable?

@Lizardboi

You are looking at the wrong place if all you're hoping for are romantic scenes. Unless you're referring to drama? Not really it, still.

To be blunt, it's debatable if MC and ML even had a romantic relationship to start with.

This story is about the characters, and the quirkiness of them. If that aspect already bores you, you might want to move on.

Double-page supporter
@OG_Calculus There's great fanart of them married if that suits you, in true traditional Japanese wedding style as well, here's the link https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/77187661 , along with 90+ other fanarts of Yugami that is glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread