Yuki and the Authoress

I always thought author was a gender neutral term. Guess you learn something new every day

You stop fighting sexist misogynist patriarchy only when you dead!

Because womxn. Or womyn. Or womban. Join the cause. Make the difference.

Or maybe japanese title somehow implies gender here. Who knows.

Double-page supporter
Guessing the translators chose the weird archaic term "authoress" instead of just "female author" because it's a period drama? No idea why they used "koffie" instead of "coffee" though

Title
Xlnc6MF.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I think "authoress" suits the period feel quite nicely. So much so that until people mentioned it I hadn't even thought about how it's not much used currently.
But I too am in the dark about "koffie".

Dex-chan lover
I like the title, it does feel old. Prim and proper-like.

Dex-chan lover
I think it might be change from ongoing to completed since the latest update on pixiv seem to be the final chapter.

Eh, this manga isn't particularly bad but it isn't particularly good either. Uninteresting characters where you don't really care much about what happens to them. A "romance" that's closer to girl just constantly admires older woman. Definitely not a very memorable read.

Group Leader
Got impatient, read ahead. This doesn't quite reach my "Better than most het romances!" award of excellence, but then again the yuri manga that do are vanishingly few. Still, it was an interesting story, if a little stretched out.

7/10.

(ETA: To date, the only yuri comics that reach said award of excellence are "Ebisu-san to Hotei-san" and "Mage and Demon Queen".)

Aggregator gang
Definitly a masterpiece. What a lovely story with a lovely ending. I was so worried for a short time but it all end well. Such a fluff and cute story.

Definitly recommended.
10/10

Been a long tome since i read this one. I remember being excited whenever a (translated) chapter was out. A very lovely story with a happy ending. One of the lighhearted comics that left an impression on me... sort of reminds me of Dallae in that light.

This was a great series! It was wonderful to see a "yuri seme" character reminiscent of the 00s yuri golden age (e.g. Shizuma from Strawberry Panic!) after all these years without any annoying irony-poisoned subversion of the concept. The main romance was cute, the art style was unique, and the LI was just super compelling! Would definitely recommend, high tier series.

Users who are viewing this thread