Yuki to Sumi - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Tangled Leaves

I’m liking the story so far, but does anyone feel like the pacing of it is super weird? It almost feels kinda rushed in a way
Yeah, the premise feels perfect for a slow burn romance where the two lead characters gradually open up to one another. But instead we're only on chapter 3 and they're already talking about marriage. This feels like a classic case of the writer being so eager to get to a certain point in the story that they speedrun the setup/intro and the pacing suffers as a result.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the premise feels perfect for a slow burn romance where the two lead characters gradually open up to one another. But instead we're only on chapter 3 and they're already talking about marriage. This feels like a classic case of the writer being so eager to get to a certain point in the story that they speedrun the setup/intro and the pacing suffers as a result.
They did live together for months alone. In real life I've seen couple form in a lot less time. It's not too shocking, and it's kinda refreshing to not waste time on will they, will they not. And focus more on the relationship after they got together.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think the idea here hence this pace is just to setup everything fast so they get to the core of the story yeah - should be fine, this can be a great drama/anime. Also damn she's clingy :glee:

Dex-chan lover
They did live together for months alone. In real life I've seen couple form in a lot less time. It's not too shocking, and it's kinda refreshing to not waste time on will they, will they not. And focus more on the relationship after they got together.
Also man I found my current girlfriend for 5 years after a week of knowing each other :pepela:

• Love
Reactions: le3
Aggregator gang
Honestly, the pacing is a bit too fast, but what's odd is that it reminds me of another series. Humanity Has Declined. I've only watched the anime, but it has a similar vibe for some reason. Like, the pacing of this manga series makes it feel like how each episode of the anime seemed self contained or sporadic or something. Not sure how to describe it.

Regardless, 'tis a nice read and I look forward to see where this goes. And hopefully the pacing becomes a bit more balanced as the manga progresses.

Users who are viewing this thread