Yume no Shizuku, Kin no Torikago - Vol. 13 Ch. 52

Bruhhh... Wtf is ibrahim thinking?? I know he's very loyal to the king, but Mustafa inheriting the throne means the other brothers will be killed, because gulbahar will be empress dowager.

I understand not wanting his (??) child to be the sultan (ultimate betrayal to his king), but to the extent that he's willing to accept his kid and hurrem (his ex-lover) probably dying? There's no way gulbahar will let hurrem off after all the humiliation she felt.

He always had the option of pushing selim (3rd son) to be king, if he's that desperate for suleiman blood to inherit the throne.

WTF is Ibrahim? If Mustafa inheriting the throne, Gulbahar will kill Hurrem and her children - includes Mehmed who maybe his one and only child. How heartless he is.

I cannot wait to see Hurrem become Suleiman's lawful wife and kill Ibrahim. FU Ibrahim.

I know this manga based the history, but its still hurts to see ibrahim 'betray' hurrem ugghh and I hope hurrem become more strong after this and the kids will be fine.

Dex-chan lover
ibrahim is such a selfish man 🙃🙃 throwing his old lover and (possible) child to the dogs just to save face smh I hope mehmed turns out to not actually be ibrahim's kid, where the dna tests at LMAO

thank you for the quick releases <3

Group Leader
You should all be appreciating İbrahim's paternity test skills! You can clearly tell who the father is if you put the boys in a battlefield.

And don't forget that soldier who saved Prince Mehmed. He'll be relevant later on ;)

@Serinasan
He always had the option of pushing selim (3rd son) to be king, if he's that desperate for suleiman blood to inherit the throne.

Which is funny if you think of it because
Selim will indeed be sultan, Suleiman will have Mustafa killed (though unfairly it appears) and Mehmed is going to die of small pox (before Mustafa). It's a tragedy through and through

Poor Hurrem will have it hard from now on. Her own protector recommended another woman's son as sultan. Her prestige and power might end up suffering for a bit. Ugh

@bakasennin lol ikr? He's probably looking at Mehmed's curly hair which is like his...and also like Hurrem's (which is why it's blonde too).

That soldier.
It's Rustem right? Mihrimah's future husband?

Group Leader
@royalbl Yep, he really is
Rüstem the Louse Pasha, they are making it clear in the next volume. And I felt super weirded out because Mihrimah is still a baby. Way younger than him :(

Speaking of blond hair, this manga's Hürrem feels off because of that. Historical sources say she had red hair. I wish Shinohara kept it that way too.

@bakasenin
Actually I always feel a bit weird about appearance of Hurrem's childen. Mehmed looks like a teenager boy but Mihrimah - who one year younger than him - looks like a kid.

So that's why Hurrem hair is red in vol 14 cover. The author always paints her with blonde.

Group Leader
@strawberryicedtea And girls are supposed to grow up faster...

Yup, vol. 14 cover got it right. Many 16th century folk accused Hürrem of being a witch, so the red hair completes all that gossip 🙃

Group Leader
@strawberryicedtea You sound like you're asking for some serious spoilers history. So with that warning, here's how it goes:
Suleiman weds his daughter Mihrimah to Rüstem, and he later becomes the Grand Vizier. Despite lack of concrete evidence, many people believe he plotted with Hürrem to kill Ibrahim. I don't get the impression that Suleiman loved and favored him as much as Ibrahim, but I'll read more before I get around to reading vol. 14 :)

@bakasennin

Thank you. I've read a few posts about them on internet. Since Rustem was much older than Mihrimah (he was born around 1500 right?), then I thought he was one of Suleiman most trusted (loved?) retainer.

Group Leader
@strawberryicedtea No problem. As one might have noticed, I like talking about this manga and am glad to have someone to talk to.

Yes, Rüstem is way older than Mihrimah but it wasn't that uncommon to wed girls to older men now that I think about it.
This part doesn't really count as a spoiler, just some general info: Many sultans had their sisters and daughters to marry with high-ranking state officials. This was a way to ensure that royal ladies had a comfortable life close to the palace, and that the said officials remained loyal to the throne. So the sultans often followed the "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer" credo and even accepted people they didn't trust tath much as their grooms because they were necessary for state affairs. Those marriages were realized with mostly political considerations and came undone the moment the groom showed rebellious intent. I mean, Suleiman beheaded his own sister's husband at one point. (I wish that was in the manga too, wee need more drama!)

@bakasennin

I've fast checked their wikipedia... I believe Hurrem cannot kill Ibrahim without Suleiman's permission. Soooooo it's hard for me to imagine someday Suleiman will behead Ibrahim and Mustafa (in this manga of course 😁).

Group Leader
@strawberryicedtea
Tbh, I see manga Suleiman capable of doing such things. He has that "lol I don't care" attitude all the time, so he probably won't care either when those two sad events happen. Coupled with Hürrem's manipulation, we have all the conditions ready for more tragedy <3

@bakasennin

I mean those two are loyal to him (i want to punch Ibrahim 🤬 for that fcking loyalty), so i wonder what would they do to the point of being beheaded. Hurrem must be the one who behind the scenes (all for poor mehmed). So sad it's just release to vol.14, i want to see Hurrem become savage and finish her ex lover's life sooonnnnn 😭.

Users who are viewing this thread