Yume no Shizuku, Kin no Torikago - Vol. 15 Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter! Gosh, Selim's so young I feel bad :( but I guess that's what Hurrem needs to get above Ibrahim.

Since the last chapter, I tried Magnificent Century since it was on youtube and although it was entertaining with a stellar soundtrack, man... the vibes are totally different lol I prefer this version when it comes to characterization.

Lolololololol i see so this is why selim's circumcision was done with his brothers, according to the author's version

@auodere Try watching it to the end, the series is so good! I recommend watching it on telegram, anyway. Translation on youtube is very bad

Dex-chan lover
@nareswaridiana
omg i left off around episode 35ish of Magnificent Century, but
i really couldn't stand Suleiman sleeping around when Hurrem wasn't allowed to even have a connection to her old lover asdfgh and Hurrem's attitude most of the time was so outrageous and glamorous, it was hard to like her;; I waaay preferred Nigar Kalfa and I wish she was the protag. But I still think the production value was really good, so I'll try giving it another go on telegram when my university classes end :')

Group Leader
Suleiman's giving Gulbahar all the chances she needs, but she proves once again the limits of her caliber. Like, if the sultan asked me, a simple commoner, if I had anything I wanted, I could come up with something better than fancy clothes, lol. Mustafa is unlucky to have such a mother. She doesn't even realize she's pulling the throne from under his son.

Also, some historians interpret this circumcision festival as a way to divert the public's eye from the defeat in Vienna. Because even though they declared the Ottomas won, it was clear that it was a big failure to drag the entire army to Vienna only to return empty-handed. Give the people something else to talk about, and they'll forget it. Suleiman and Ibo nkew how to manipulate public opinion back in the day.

On a side note, I can't watch Magnificent Century for the life of me. For some reason, it makes me cringe so hard 😅

Love how you can see how differently Suleiman treats them w gulbahar on the floor and hurrem talking on the bed

Hmmmm I've just realize Suleiman and Hurrem had quite a lot hot scenes in first 20 chapters, now they only have kiss scenes. 🤔🤔🤔 Suleiman seems to like kissing Hurrem, he's always proactive in kissing. I wonder what the author meant. 🤔

@bakasennin in topics i've seen, people said they're disappointed about Gulbahar. They said at the beginning of this manga she seems to be a dangerous woman, later it revealed that she is a stupid woman. 😂

Group Leader
@pawbean Nice catch! It really shows the two women's relationship with him. I can also interpret it as Gülbahar seeing Süleyman as an object of worship and Hürrem seeing him as a person. That might be why he values Hürrem's company more. He must be sick of people prostrating before him :) I can even say that he almost sees Hürrem as an equal. See how she didn't buy the Vienna victory story! That sure impressed Suleiman.

This reminds me, there was gossip back in the day about Gülbahar throwing shade on Hürrem, saying that she was nothing but a bought slave, but herself was a proper lady who was wed to the sultan. Yet here, Gülbahar is kneeling on the ground like a slave. Ouch.

@strawberryicedtea I can't say they are wrong. At this point, she's the caricature of a villainess :)

So what caused the end of the Viena Campaign was snow. That's rather interesting. It does makes sense since battle would be hard with those conditions

Great chapter so far from distracted ibraim during the siege of viena to the two kariye scenes.

Thanks for the history tip as always. THat's the iciing of the cake.

Love how usually the ones speaking here are the same, we're like a little family. See you next chapter!

@bakasennin Suleiman's facial expressions when he was with Gulbahar was completely different when he was with Hurrem. :) He's bored with Gulbahar but enjoys spending time with Hurrem. If it was me, I would do the same. :D

Group Leader
@moichispa I'm so happy to see that this manga has a following and I can talk about it here. I know no one who reads this manga, so it's fun talking with you all :)

@ka-ish Thank you for reading my ramblings :) I stop myself from putting T/Ns eveywhere in the manga when translating, and come here to let off what's on my mind.

@strawberryicedtea Lol, yes! He was like "Okay, now I'll pretend your vanity amuses me for 5 minutes and the shoo you off." I mean, everyone should find themselves a man who looks at you like Suleiman looks at Hürrem on page 33! If Hürrem were a man, he would have appointed her as the Grand Vizier right there. Eat your heart out for not being as good as Hürrem at pillow talk, İbrahim! I really wanted this story to have more BL elements, alas! We needed more spice!

@bakasennin wait, why is it always you and me discuss in comment section. Hurrem also seems to enjoy the pillow talk with him. Look at their expressions, i feel like they're an ordinary couple, not the king and his concubine. UwU

Group Leader
@strawberryicedtea We are in too deep, I guess :) I like having someone to talk to about this manga. I'm happy with the way they are now. At first, Suleiman regarded Hürrem as a plaything to amuse himself with, but now I feel like he genuinely likes and respects her. Bed scenes were giving me smutty vibes at the beginning, but now I can feel love there.

I've read this in Russian, but like... years ago, but translations stopped then. Still, the Red River was sooo popular in Ru segment that there is a solid fan base...

Users who are viewing this thread