Yumekui Merry - Vol. 24 Ch. 141 - Dreams and Reality

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the hardwork.
I will miss this series, really liked the concept and design.

Thank you very much for all your work (and thank you as well for the mention).

There was something I wanted to ask, actually. In chapter 39, Merry seems to add her name to the friendship wall with Yumeji and Isana, but we never actually see it. I assumed it might have shown up in the ending, but that didn't happen. Was it brought up anywhere else, or was it dropped?

@hanchobakery @bluethings

Thank you NicoKnights for translating one of my favorite stories of a lifetime. I had picked up this manga around the chapter the anime ends in, and I've had a blast with it thanks to your quality translations!

(now excuse me I must gush over that one page...you know the one...bless Yoshitaka-sensei)

Thanks to you for continuing this series even with all the hardships that came with it! And for also mentioning me.
Since I discovered it, Merry has always held a really special place in my heart, and I share so many good memories about it, like talking passionately with my friends about it while reading it.
I would have loved to see Yumeji dream of meeting Merry again, so not seeing that hurt a bit... but I believe that's what'll happen someday.
Thanks for creating this amazing series, Ushiki.

P.S.
Oh, and since we never got to see what Merry had done that time, remember chapter 39 when they go to the park and she sees the Ai Ai umbrella Sana's draw in the wood?
That's what I always imagined she did.
20201127-010943.png
What a coincidence, I read your comments just before submitting mine @PlasticShark, though this is just my opinion and I don't think we ever got an official answer.

Kam

Fed-Kun's army
Nico Knights, I salute ye.

Sweet dreams, Merry.

Fed-Kun's army
Have you ever skipped to the last chapter of a book?

Sooner or later you return to the page where you left off, but everything reads differently now. Perhaps you lose interest and skim your way through. Suspense and urgency wither underneath a foregone conclusion. Or perhaps knowing that the struggles, the triumphs, the epiphanies will all amount to nothing leaves even the brightest moments coloured in grey. Whatever the story, whatever your view, to see the ending transforms, irrevocably, that which comes before.

-Avalon Code: A Guide to Wasting Awesome Ideas

Thank you for the completion of a journey, and Merry Thanksgiving. Even though I have stumbled here in its closing moments, the knowledge that an ending exists is all I needed to consider buying the physical volumes.

...There's probably an epilogue in the volume release, yes?

Dex-chan lover
A beautiful ending this had. Didn't want it to end, but all good series must eventually or they go stagnant usually. Thank you to the Nico Knight team(and Dkthias for their previous work) for sticking through and finishing this series as well. Blessed job you've all done!

Always feels strange to see a series to end after after picking it over 10 years ago. Nostalgia at its finest.

Dex-chan lover
This is the series that made me start watching anime and follow manga world.

So glad it end T T tho it a bittersweet
But one must wakeup from dream eventually

Thank you so much for all the work you put in! I'm glad you gave us the chance to see this great manga till the end.

Dex-chan lover
I’m happy and sad for this ending. I hope that all of them get to play together in their dreams at night and sleeping, that even though they can’t remember it when they wake, every night they have a great reunion in their dreams and play and laugh and love together again. Also winking cat in the second to last page.

I'm not crying... I'm totally not ;_;
Ken is simultaneously the worst and best wingman ever. But finally the Sana ship has sailed. For some reason (Naruto and Bleach) I expected a timeskip with children but I'm glad we didn't go that path.
And Ushiki-sensei called waaaay back to Ch. 8 with the Yokato guy. Amazing. Although
he seemed to forget Mei-senpai at the Christmas party. Can't really blame him though, the series has a big cast.
The fakeout with the kiss was hilarious and wholesome at the same time. I love the Sana and Merry ships equally, so IMO this is the best way to resolve them.

Thank you Ushiki-sensei, DKThias, and Nico Knights for this wonderful 12-year journey.

Dex-chan lover
My biggest fear is that memory of this fantastic manga and its fandom die out. I really wish this manga won't be forgotten.

Group Leader
@hanchobakery i loved guriccho chapter from tankoubon cover! and also the theme song was lit no wonder yumeji liked that fictional tokusatsu.

Thankyou for translating till the end.... and glad i can see this end... sad though... :')

That was a nice run.... This will forever stay as a 10/10 for me. I will never forget about the really badass scenes with yumeji.

Users who are viewing this thread