Yumenashi-sensei no Shinroshidou - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Aspiration: Male Idol Part 1

Power Uploader
When I saw what this was going to be about, I thought of skipping this arc because it's going to be painful to watch and the student might actually kill himself. (I doubt the teacher's success rate will be 100%.)

But given what he did in this chapter, it's almost as if the author knew how people would react if he were a good person and added the nastiness so we wouldn't feel too bad about the lad. Kid must be served a lot of humble pie.

Now I can read the whole arc without regrets. Well played.

Dex-chan lover
Well, they're just different views of the world. On the one hand, the vice-principal, a position that pays well and brings her respect inside and outside the school; she seems to be convinced of the path she has chosen and what she has had to do to get there. On the other, a teacher, a position that pays poorly and no one really respects you until they are screwed; he's had other careers before deciding what he wants to do and seems to have seen a lot of shit~ :notlikethis:
Thks for the ch~
I can't wait to see this little shit in despair. Fufu~

Power Uploader
Oooo is the vice principal on the side of the students or does she want to see them fail at their dreams??

Pretty sure her plot function is to be a foil to Takanashi: someone who also failed at what she wanted, but instead of using that experience to find a new purpose in life, she let the lingering feelings fester and became one of those "since I failed, I'll make sure everyone else who's chasing an impossible dream feels the same taste of defeat I did" characters.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oooo is the vice principal on the side of the students or does she want to see them fail at their dreams??
Yeah I think she’s the type that can tell when a student will fail and would rather let them go through life and fail. I don’t know if it makes her happy(not a good word to describe her emotions but it’s all I got) but puts a smile on her face

Dex-chan lover
just read all 6 chapters today
I can't believe this is from the creator or Libidors

it's been awesome, I hope this continues to be interesting,
because I lost interest in one of the similar manga after a while (the one with an old mustached teacher)

Dex-chan lover
You know, apart from her one comment about "despair" in the end, the vice principal's argument isn't really THAT poor. It be so easy for the author to have her make a cruel or inane case and have Takanashi be completely in the right (I still think he is right, but one could reasonably argue for the vice principal's side as well).

I really like this. And as someone point out she may be serving as a foil to Takanashi's own perspective and methodology.

Thank you for the translation (pieces of trash busting up a man's plants).

Dex-chan lover
That was a very meaty chapter.

First of all, Ms. Maruoka, I love you. Please marry me.

When I saw the title of this arc, my heart immediately sank because that's even more of a dead-end "career" choice than voice acting (especially for a delusional normie), but I'm so happy that the author made the kid a shit-head. I don't doubt that the author has the chops to eventually make me sorry for the little bastard, but I prolly won't feel as bad for him as Mita or Train Boy.

The vice principal character I think is a splendid addition. A narrative is always more interesting when there's an opposing force for the protagonist to grind up against (well, metaphorically. I don't want her to grind on Sensei literally... UNLESS! :oops:). Her last statement is verging on being a tad cartoonishly evil, but maybe she's just really into melodrama?

Also, I would like to mention just how great that whole confrontation in the teacher's room was. It's a common technique used by bullies and bully-types to have "dressing down" conversations in public or semi-public areas, especially against those they perceive to be meek since it makes speaking up akin to "making a fuss" or "causing a scene". Luckily, Yumenashi-sensei really didn't give a shit about that crap and gave as good as he took. Looking forward to more of their interactions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread