Yumizuka Iroha wa Tejun ga Daiji! - Vol. 1 Ch. 13 - Yumizuka Iroha's Practice Session

Dex-chan lover
Why...... seriously why Author??

Why TF do you include trash ass characters like her???

I was perfectly fine when you added Erii but now you're just dragging it.

It's almost like it's your goal to get your own story axed

Dex-chan lover
@theroadstopshere @AntiYFans @sheepdoge @TEU I think they are meant to be hated. They are meant to be viewed as annoying. But at the same time, since it's comedy, we are supposed to know that they aren't as serious as they claim they are. So we know they aren't "too bad"... keeping a so called "enemy" without them being a real "enemy"....

It's just a cheap way to drag out the romance. And I think readers instinctively know it. It's not yuri, nor a love rival and it's not even a real threat or stop gap... it's just a cheap way to drag things out...

I mean, it's not like I hate ALL of these characters. Sometimes, they are just misunderstanding sh*t or something (in that sense, I don't mind since they are having a wrong thought; case in point https://mangadex.org/title/29527/expressionless-kashiwada-san-and-emotional-oota-kun where the girl is young and doesn't fully understand love and the MC is doing bullying to hide his love without realizing it).

But in general, this trope kinda sucks.
This is not how you do comedy, ever since she, and the other dick riders have been introduced, I haven't been able to laugh once, too busy cringing beyond belief

It blows my mind that authors and editors genuinely think this trope sells

I see they give zero fucks about their manga's success

Dex-chan lover
This is not how you do comedy, ever since she, and the other dick riders have been introduced, I haven't been able to laugh once, too busy cringing beyond belief

It blows my mind that authors and editors genuinely think this trope sells

I see they give zero fucks about their manga's success
1st thing to remember is that cringe is always personal... different people find different things cringe... and it will never match...

2nd, we need to remember that this comes from a complete different culture, with a different mindset, so they find different things funny.

It might not suit our western sensibility.... but we don't actually buy this stuff.... they know their audience... and get the money from that audience...

It's a joke that works based on their culture rather than our own... so of course it's going to be off for us...

Users who are viewing this thread