Yuukoku no Moriarty - Vol. 12 Ch. 45 - The Two Criminals Act 2

"Sherlock has accepted john is getting married" or alternative theory for the translator to consider: Sherlock is saying "I need to be alive to go to *our* wedding (once i rescue you from Mary)" which seems to fit more accurately given Sherlock's later dialogue in the chapter

It feels like I'm seeing two hosts from a bar 😂

Okay, theory time!
I think Milverton has no physical file for all of his blackmailing as it was only in his mind but Sherlock hasn't known this yet. And if this is according to the novel, I guess
when the Moriarty group assassinated Milverton, Sherlock and Watson will be there and witnessing the whole thing.

Dex-chan lover
Lol I can't wait if that happens
"If I die I'll tell everyone you're the Lord of Crime!!"
"K"

First and foremost, thank you for the translation. High quality, professional and fast! 😍

It's getting really heavy on the "Translator comedy hour" asides within pages, which is really distracting. The memes at the end aren't really my thing, but I love that they are there to have fun, express your love for the series and give joke with readers.

It's your translation, you should run it exactly as you want, but that's my feedback.

This version of John is the worst. Has no character development whatsoever. How can someone who served as a doctor where you have to be aware of patient tricking you for free drugs be this native?
In the original works we got everything from John's side. Actually acting the part of an army doctor. He had a role. Now is just like some sort of cute mascot. Who does not even seem to understand half of what Sherlock is doing/going through. At least BBC version had some kind of function as emotional support.

Group Leader
@Senkora yuumori focuses on the moriarty's, not sherlock. it makes complete sense that john is getting less development considering that he's a side character as compared to being the narrator of the OG series. on top of that, john's main function in yuumori isn't to be an army doctor, so it's tone-deaf to use that as a reason why he's a bad character here. and on the "emotional support" front, it's like you didn't read "the sign of mary" arc. in case you forgot, john is straight up sherlock's first real friend, and he got very jealous when mary appeared out of nowhere.

i love john here, leave him alone ;-;

p.s. you spelt naive incorrectly

Users who are viewing this thread