Yuukoku no Moriarty

@Jeriel If you want mc to survive and Sherlock to die then u gotta hope that author goes a totally different route than the original novels.

The author has taken ideas from both novels and BBC series. Moriarty's character is written well although in books he was quite different. If you like Sherlock Holmes, you will like this series. There's also intense gore, which is not mentioned above in the description.

Group Leader
The drawings are good and the story is appalling but it doesn't respect the Sherlock Holmes stories.
Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty are rivals, they are the only one who understand each other, they are like the two face of the same coin. If Sherlock choose to escape his boring life by solving crimes Moriarty escape it by doing crimes. And they stand on the same level.
In the manga, there isn't any rivalry. Sherlock is just an arrogant, easy going man and Moriarty manipulate him with no problem, he isn't even interested by him.
John doesn't have any flavor and Irene isn't really badass
Huge disappointment

@erzaeva i mean,,, based on the title of the manga, it's focusing more on Moriarty as a character rather than his rivalry with Sherlock. Moriarty and Sherlock just met a couple of chapters ago so I'm pretty sure their 'rivalry' will develop soon, most likely in a slower pace because it's not the main focus right now. Adaptations doesn't always stick to the books, they add their own ideas and most of them doesn't even stick to the original plot. Just like what someone else has stated, this manga has taken ideas from both the novels and the BBC Series. There's another shelock anime adaption which is called "Kabukichou Sherlock", It took a way different approach from the original sherlock. The story takes place in Shinjuku, Japan rather than in the UK. The whole anime is basically the Japanese version of Sherlock Holmes. The character designs, personalities, and relationships are also so much more different. Although, imo it's not as good as this one, the show only starts to take itself seriously at later episodes, I think it's more comedic than mystery if you ask me. So if you compare it with this one, this one wins for me. But we all have different opinions

This series is going great so far, can't wait to have the actual volumes in my hands someday!

Group Leader
whoaa the raws are way ahead
okay speedrun through the raws lesgo

Contributor
The entirety of the series is worth it for the one-two punch in chapter 23
The French Revolution AND James Bond? I genuinely laughed harder than I have in weeks cause of that

Omg the latest chapters are so insane and chapter 53 which just came out this week was so heartbreaking! I wish some translation team would pick this series up more seriously and provide the frequent updates it deserves, being relatively short and all. I'm also surprised there are so few working on this project at all considering how popular it is overall. Guess I'll just have to do with facebook group chats for now to get some intel.

Group Leader
@Suyaaa
this? popular?
150k reads is popular to you?
nah but the anime is pretty popular i guess
this is underrated asf tho

I have mixed feelings about the cover...
Good because at least he's practising proper gun safety and doesn't have his finger on the trigger.
Bad because WHO IN THE FUCKING WORLD WOULD POINT THE GUN AT THEIR OWN JUNK?!

Users who are viewing this thread