Yuusha Densetsu no Uragawa de Ore wa Eiyuu Densetsu o Tsukurimasu: Oudou Goroshi no Eiyuutan~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

Double-page supporter
Oh hell yeah it's the Rightdark snipe back once again! Do you still have the line that suggests Spain exists in this world, I liked that one.

Double-page supporter
Oh hell yeah it's the Rightdark snipe back once again! Do you still have the line that suggests Spain exists in this world, I liked that one.

lmao you changed Mikage's gender, good job! I can really feel the care and effort you put into translation

UowapHZ.png

Dex-chan lover
Even more than the haphazard-ass translation job what I can't wrap my head around here is that the writer/editors apparently went OH WOW CLASS-GOTO SHUUDAN WRAPPED UP AND NOW THAT ARTIST'S FREE? GET THAT MAN IN HERE PRONTO like it was the second coming of Murata or something
Eh, i mean that serie was still ongoing while the artist change happened here, like bruh this happened 2 years ago, the other serie didn't end until like a year later

Dex-chan lover
Come to see what people says about chp 20. Find this scan came up again, ohh well glad I already block them from tachi/mihon from long time ago

Double-page supporter
it's that time again, time to critique a shitty MTL in the vain hope that someone will actually bother to have any level of respect for the manga or its readers

general comments:
- incredibly stiff delivery... crappy word choices... so many elliipses...

1.2 - 'I did a bit of craziness' -> 'I was a bit reckless'
1.2 - 'My teams are a bit worn out' -> 'My equipment is...'
1.4 - 'armors' -> 'armor'
1.5 - ??? confusing line
2.1 - stiff
3.5 - 'why is the king here' -> 'why are you bringing the king up?'
4.1 - 'really, grandpa?' -> 'right, grandpa?'
4.2 - 'someone from the royalty' -> weird phrasing. original text says it's a royal messenger
5.2 - 'second class soldiers' -> 'second class adventurers' they're the only ones who use the class system in this manga!
5.3-4 'the comfort hasn't changed much, but... it's way more comforting!' -> are you for real did your QC even stop to think about this for two secondsoh who am I kidding your QC is probably just a second MTL system -> '... it feels a lot more secure'
7.1 - 'they harden in that shape' -> 'the metal hardens' p. sure the mages don't harden
7.3 - 'alchemis' -> 'who needs QC dude c'mon'
8.3 - 'we' -> 'you' I promise I'm trying to take this seriously but you're making it real difficult
9.4 - in the original text this is a silly joke about how he won't give his body to the dwarf because he has girlfriends to think of. I'm not sure if you just decided to explode this or what
11.5 - 'don't you feel inadequate' -> he's talking about Aina not being enough of a reward for saving a king
12.1 - see above. this line's been mangled but the basic idea is that one kingdom vs one princess is too small and leaving it at that would be bringing shame to the king, hence a disgrace
12.2-12.5 - no but really, poor mikage
13.3 - 'if I considered you greedy, you might turn out humble' -> 'just when I thought you were greedy, you turned out to be humble' roughly
14.1 - 'this isn't about a mere commoner' -> he's talking about how he is a mere commoner.
14.3 - 'don't you have confidence in making my daughter happy' is a pretty bad line for the answer to be 'no'. try 'you're not sure you can make her happy?' instead
15.5 - this isn't your fault, but jesus that grin
17.4 - I don't think you mean 'austere'.
17.5 - that's aina talking about herself. 'I', not 'she'. jfc
18.1 - 'self-sufficient' would be better. Again I don't think Aina talks in 3rd person at least looking at the original text. It feels super weird. Maybe it's just a weird choice from the manga?
19.1 - confusing word choice. 'that preconceived confident attitude' -> 'that preconceived notion' would be more clear.
19.3 - soldier -> mercenary
22.5 - you've seriously got me wondering if she actually is taking in third person here. what is going on
23.2 - wonky word order or yet more aina schizophrenia
25.2 - wtf is that
25.4 - love 2 pronounce square brackets for the first time in this manga

okay I give up. I'm not a professional QCer or anything, I barely know japanese, I didn't know where the light novel was prior to making this post. I managed to shit out this level of QC in half an hour. Get yourself a QC if you want to pretend you're doing anything beyond bad faith MTL translation.

man I was braced for the art change but I didn't realize it'd be that bad. It's... it's rough.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I liked the old artstyle more. :meguuusad: Rightdark should correct "he" to "she".

Dex-chan lover
What's up with all the third-party speech? Did the tl quality devolve? Is it another group?
Idk but I like the previous artstyle more
so it did change? I keep on wondering who the guy in each panel is, before realizing it is the mc

Dex-chan lover
I now see why people are mad at the art this shit look plain as shit like stale ass bread wtf shit looks generic af caught me off guard the old art was really stylized I guess

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the art style change is a pretty downgrade, especially for Kyune. Mikage while worse I can probably learn to like if I keep reading. Previous Kyune and Mikage where so good though.

Dex-chan lover
I should seriously start believing what people say in this comments. Few mangas people called trash were indeed trash. And here people said the shitty group did a bad translation and that the art changed, and indeed this MTL crap is borderline unreadable - I basically skimmed through to see the "new" art - and that art is generic trash. Not bad enough to make me stop reading, but bad enough that if the only source of English translation is this shitty joke of a group then Imma head out.

Makes you wonder how people can do such a fucking atrocious job and yet demand people to go to their site to read there as a form of monetization of such a shit job.

Is there a way to ban such bad groups, but still see that they did something? Like to see that a certain manga is translated but only by a shit-group - so that you can decide if you want to fast skim through to see if its worth reading (assuming the atrocious MTL wont make you hate the manga more than the quality of manga itself). Like the indicator of highest translated chapter on site, which could help seeing if some other language translated further if one wanted to spoiler themselves without going to raws? Or we could have a "MTL/shitty quality" indicator to mark groups with, so that site will display stuff normally, but like bad quality stuff will be greyed out or something - so you see its there, but greyed out so shit quality.

Fed-Kun's army
Eh, i mean that serie was still ongoing while the artist change happened here, like bruh this happened 2 years ago, the other serie didn't end until like a year later
It was a retarded decision be it now or 2 years back.

Double-page supporter
What's up with all the third-party speech? Did the tl quality devolve? Is it another group?
Kanojo Scans are the group translating this with actual effort. Rightdark are MTL that are mostly focused around trying to get their releases on aggregators and drive traffic to their site for monetization.

Is there a way to ban such bad groups, but still see that they did something? [...] Or we could have a "MTL/shitty quality" indicator to mark groups with, so that site will display stuff normally, but like bad quality stuff will be greyed out or something - so you see its there, but greyed out so shit quality.
I don't think so. You can filter the group out but that's going to filter them out entirely, I think? A 'this group sucks' would be a pretty neat tag to drop on something but maybe not that helpful for most people. Maybe star ratings and you can filter for 'scans above X stars'? I dunno. Part of the problem with MTL is that Mangadex can't feasibly reject MTLs because a) you can't tell for sure and b) then they'd have to review every single scan there is.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kanojo Scans are the group translating this with actual effort. Rightdark are MTL that are mostly focused around trying to get their releases on aggregators and drive traffic to their site for monetization.

I don't think so. You can filter the group out but that's going to filter them out entirely, I think? A 'this group sucks' would be a pretty neat tag to drop on something but maybe not that helpful for most people. Maybe star ratings and you can filter for 'scans above X stars'? I dunno. Part of the problem with MTL is that Mangadex can't feasibly reject MTLs because a) you can't tell for sure and b) then they'd have to review every single scan there is.
I believe I filtered this group out sometime ago, so why the blazing fuck this show up in my feed is anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread