Yuusha Party o Tsuihou Sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyou Shu Nekomimi Shoujo to Deau - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Rain's strength

Dex-chan lover
@feha : I think you are missing couple things
[ol]
[*]Her boasting and statements backed him into a corner, it is a put up or shut up situation and shutting up will cause problems down the line. It is a case hat they will be targeted/bullied until he puts up.
[*] He is still under the impression that he is not that special (this chapter is the fist thing showing he is not, because of their contract (which is impossible for a normal tamer BTW), but there more in the next couple chapters) because he has never compared his abilities to a normal tamer
just the ones from his (destroyed) home town, who were not on the same level as those outside it
which means he is under the impression that he needs the good will of the guild
[*] what is happening is an example of the toxic masculinity and bro-culture that is rampant in the real world, let alone being a trope for adventurers guilds since it is a life style that would generate the exact same traits, only without the need to appear that hey are no as rampant for fear of public backlash (adventurers are already outsiders).
[*] This is not an isekai.
[/ol]

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13

He's imprinting a seal on them. Seals maybe removed, but only if the victim is chipping away at it.

But thanks to that seal, the stats are shared. Which truth be told, is a complete cheat.

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13 I'll concede point #4, though I have to admit it does read a lot like one :p
The rest are farfeched at best imo, there is no way 1-3 can lead to someone literally betting a person important to them on a bet they know they will lose. Makes more sense to accept harassment than intentionally losing your stuff, unless said stuff is worth less than avoiding said harassment. Worst comes to worse, he can always simply skedaddle to another town.

Why don't you use it from the start then? What's the use of your job if you don't use your skills?

Group Leader
This guy aint too bright, huh. Why’d he agree to the match at all? What’s in it for him? If he loses, he's agreeing to give her up, and gets jack shit if he wins except for the satisfaction of winning or proving a point. At least be smart enough to force him to bet something of equivalent value, like everything he owns including the clothes on his back, if she’s truly that superior and coveted.

He ain't the brightest but his ability isn't useless at all, contracting a superior race is a big plus though.

Double-page supporter
What a dumb story. A wager that if the guy wins he gets to take Kanade? So? What does Rein get if he wins? He gets to keep Kanade? She was with him to begin with. Very smart author.

the dude was contracted to a bear at the start of the manga yet he needed to be protected even though he should have matched the strength of a bear?????????

Ofc he got her power I thought he'd realize his strength he gained from being in the hero party but ig not

Group Leader
i dont rlly understand how the cat tribe is a superior race, their physical ability doesn't seem that strong

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand. If I tell you to hand over all of your things to me if i beat you in an arm wrestling game, and if you win then you get to keep them, should you agree to the game? What could possibly make you want to agree to it if there is nothing to gain, but everything to lose?

Double-page supporter
you don't bet a person
i mean mc is kinda scum
and retard too
just ignore them

tbh I kinda get why he was kicked out of the hero party now. The hero party is supposed to be relatively strong, since they're supposed to go up against the demon king etc. etc. normal isekai story. Rain the MC on the other hand hasn't contracted with any monsters stronger then himself and considering how he could barely hold out against a rank D monster (rank D being presumably pretty low on the S-F ranking system I'm assuming they're using), he probably is more of a deadweight then anything. I might be wrong tho

Dex-chan lover
I've been thinking. Shouldn't beast tamer be a banned job if its capable of "taming"
an intelligent superior race? Why would these so called superior races allowed themselves to be tamed by someone else? If their culture is to be tamed by beast tamer why isnt it more known? There should be a huge population of beast tamer then.

Double-page supporter
Oh, how convenient. Even though she is supposed to be strong on her own, the contract actually makes him strong. That way we can have the male, originally weakling MC be protective of the female, originally strong character. Because a weak male MC having to rely on the strength of a woman would be far too interesting for the author to consider. No, we need to immediately do away with anything that might make this story unique, so that we can continue going down the list of cliches at a quick pace.

Also, goddamn this guy is a fucking retard. "I'm a beast tamer. So during this quest to gather herbs, I'm first going to waste half a day on my knees before remembering that oh yeah, my whole thing is that I can summon animals and have them do the work for me!"

Aggregator gang
The art is fine but the whole plot is retarded. And we even have this shitty mc who would accept a random bet that would decide the fate of his companion for no reason aside from pride lol.

"The one who wins will get your cat" said the random dude
And then the retarded mc accepted the bet lol

Users who are viewing this thread