Yuusha Party wo Oidasareta Shiryou Majutsushi wa Lich ni Natte Maou-gun de Daisukina Kenkyuu Life wo Okuru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Supporter
Reading the title I thought we'd have the usual unforgivable piece of garbage hero party, but they are just "Eh, it's his own fault." well, which it was.

Anyway I really dislike the MC's lich-design. It looks as if the artist has never seen a human skull in their life. Usually that'd be a very minor nitpick (the only time ever a character design had drove me away from any media was the anime design of "Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?"s MC), but I don't know if I'd be able to ignore it going forward.

Dex-chan lover
Page 1 in the "cover art" the skull design reminds me of this :
384a7a1c-0ee7-4ea7-948e-8eefa61d7b6d-1657650150450.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hmm... interesting.

Who's to say he's not the reincarnation of the first Lich? Depending on when the first was destroyed, he could have been reborn as a human (as part of a spell or some such), and that's what sent him down the path of necromancy...

Dex-chan lover
guess we have a potential clash in the future with the true lich. and we have at least 2 female saint characters, unless she was the same as the one on the early pages.

thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
"Humans really are crap, aren't they?"
"Yes, I want to destroy them soon."

MOOD.

Anyway I really dislike the MC's lich-design. It looks as if the artist has never seen a human skull in their life. Usually that'd be a very minor nitpick (the only time ever a character design had drove me away from any media was the anime design of "Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?"s MC), but I don't know if I'd be able to ignore it going forward.
You aren't wrong. He looks like a skull that's been airbrushed on a welding helmet by a guy who's 9 deep into a case of miller high lives. at 2 O'clock. On a Tuesday.

but... have you seen the anatomy of human faces in every manga? Abominations. Godless cat-people. Jesus weeps. At least sometimes the body anatomy is good.

Last edited:
Supporter
You aren't wrong. He looks like a skull that's been airbrushed on a welding helmet by a guy who's 9 deep into a case of miller high lives. at 2 O'clock. On a Tuesday.

but... have you seen the anatomy of human faces in every manga? Abominations. Godless cat-people. Jesus weeps. At least sometimes the body anatomy is good.
Having read chapter 2 it can be justified by wanting to distinguish him from other skeletons. And the story focus being comedy does a lot to alleviate it, since it'd be far worse were this 100% serious edgelord material.

Dex-chan lover
Reading the title I thought we'd have the usual unforgivable piece of garbage hero party, but they are just "Eh, it's his own fault." well, which it was.

what was bad in “Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?”?

Dex-chan lover
I just vastly preferred the toned down manga design over the super-moe anime version. I'm aware that this was adapted from the light novel, but I still couldn't take it.
ah, just wondering cause it’s one of my favorite LN’s

Users who are viewing this thread