Yuusha Party wo Tsuihousareta Hakuma Doushi, S Rank Boukensha ni Hirowareru ~Kono Hakuma Doushi ga Kikakugai Sugiru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Certain HERO: Why people treat MC like the Hero!?
Reader: Becoz he is the Hero who save the town, duh. While you laying around in your room, having a hallucination that the town will come to beg for your help.

Dex-chan lover
"The only thing I've is support everyone..."
For F*cks sake, it's that support that helped defeat the monsters and keep casualties down. I mean, he cast enhancement magic on 50+ people at the same time. What "useless" person can do that? lol

Contributor
Being this dense at receiving praise should be illegal. Practically on the level of legendarily dense harem protagonists.

"Besides, I was kicked out because I wasn't good enough..."
He says this while the entire goddamn city was celebrating him as a hero and all his party members are no different. Even one of his old party members comes to personally apologize to him and acknowledge him. This level of being in denial does not make sense. Somebody strangle this man.

Well, somebody except Allen or his remaining groupies. He's only allowed to watch the adoring crowds praise Lloyd. :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
Bro what a retarded MC.
Do japanese authors think people get off by this bullshit? This "omg he's so humble, what a hero" bullshit? Brain dead author couldn't even realize this retarded MC that they created is such a humble bragger that doesn't even realize his own worth.

I don't know what's worse, these kinds of MCs japanese author seem to like VS those 1 dimensional Korean MCs who are the biggest gary stus that get carried by good art and get praised by anime/manga tourists and dumb shounentards.

Bro what a retarded MC.
Do japanese authors think people get off by this bullshit? This "omg he's so humble, what a hero" bullshit? Brain dead author couldn't even realize this retarded MC that they created is such a humble bragger that doesn't even realize his own worth.

I don't know what's worse, these kinds of MCs japanese author seem to like VS those 1 dimensional Korean MCs who are the biggest gary stus that get carried by good art and get praised by anime/manga tourists and dumb shounentards.
I believe it's because amateur authors don't write their stories grounded in reality. They write a power fantasy to address a genuine woe without understanding the complex interaction that produce the situation. In the end, they are amateur writers and we can't fault them for that. They just suck at writing. However I still think it's interesting to explore why people don't like this story (Read ahead for my thoughts).

I empathise with the idea of not knowing your self worth (and low self-esteem as a result) because I've also gone without external validations for so long that I forget that I do perform above average in various aspect of my life.
There are also real life stories of bosses under appreciating their employees and forgetting how vital they are to the business.

The problem with the entire 'Kicked out of the party' trope is that it is based completely off video games.
In real life, the bosses who under appreciate people are the ones above those employees and are out of touch with what happens down in the trenches. The further up, the further removed from the situation. But you can not say the same for your seniors in the same position or even direct superior because they are down there with you.

However in video games, the dynamic is completely different. In video games, support can be under appreciated simply because less people play as them. Because it's less exciting, it doesn't directly contribute to victory. Everyone wants a support but doesn't want to be the support.

Everyone who hates this trope can feel how much of an 'Idiot Plot' it is because the world is written as if it's suppose to be real but it's clearly a video game. The reader treats the characters as real but the characters are written like people in a video game.
The hero party feel unbelievably stupid because they are in the same team and yet, acts like the 'out-of-touch superior'.
At the same time, because they are video game characters, they are stupid because they don't see the value in support even though EVERYONE wants one in games.
The protagonist feels like a mopey, whiney loser because a real person with self-esteem issue would feel like what they are doing is menial and unworthy of attention. But in a video game, a support is always appreciated for existing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Tarded MC:
I suck for specific reasons.

Equally tarded party members and mobs:
Feel better for no reason!

NOBODY:
Most people are unable to do what you did; this makes you very unique, and also far more powerful than others.
Please recognize your legitimately amazing abilities.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread