Yuusha Party wo Tsuihousareta Shiro Madoushi, S Rank Boukensha ni Hirowareru ~Kono Shiro Madoushi ga Kikakugai Sugiru~ - Ch. 35.2

Dex-chan lover
That felt a bit of a cop-out. I know I said I didn’t want her to die, but it just felt… too easy. Cut her arm off and throw her in jail, something! Don’t just have her collapse and then free her of her decision/consequences and remove her agency. Ugh…

Well, either way thanks for the chapter.

Supporter
20240829012313-0322a7da.jpg

"BTW, you know that traumatic event in your life, IT WAS ME, DIO!"​

Dex-chan lover
That felt a bit of a cop-out. I know I said I didn’t want her to die, but it just felt… too easy. Cut her arm off and throw her in jail, something! Don’t just have her collapse and then free her of her decision/consequences and remove her agency. Ugh…

Well, either way thanks for the chapter.
i mean... did she have agency? and to what extent
she clearly wasn't prone to doing such a thing prior to being influenced in this way
-yes she accepted the demon arm under the guise of getting revenge on some adventurers, upon manipulation that is
-that doesn't remove the fact that the influence of w/e magic casted on her + the demon arm compelled her into doing things outside of that backwards desire

ANY punishment isn't a solution to anything, that itself is a cop out
may make you/ the villagers feel good that "something" was done but in reality not much has been done
and she can't learn the lessons from actions she didn't consciously make so there's no argument for rehabilitation/ scolding
-its not like the villagers don't know this, so its pointless appeasement for some bitter bystander out there

Dex-chan lover
bad chapter
kid randomly remembers he wiped out FMC's family
and remembered her exactly, heck looks like she never changed her hairstyle once in her life

even so, no need for the expo dump
coulda saved this for his death scene at her hands 100 chapters down the line or something, yknow when his life is flashing before his eyes
this just feels forced
i cant see anyone caring about her character any more as is anyways

Dex-chan lover
bad chapter
kid randomly remembers he wiped out FMC's family
and remembered her exactly, heck looks like she never changed her hairstyle once in her life

even so, no need for the expo dump
coulda saved this for his death scene at her hands 100 chapters down the line or something, yknow when his life is flashing before his eyes
this just feels forced
i cant see anyone caring about her character any more as is anyways
well he remembers it well because it wasn't that long for him and was a defeat that he got by not controlling the monsters, as the wacko he is, he will remember moments like that more easily as he questions how to control monster better the next time as he show in this chapter aaand it worked to also show that he could stop the powerhouse of the group with just a dagger making him a bigger adversary than the last guy they defeated.
It's better when the heroes not just curbstomp every single opponent.

Dex-chan lover
I think I am gonna stop reading this. The author kept using the tropes and cliches without any nuance. Which is fine for the new readers of the Shounen genre. But that's not me anymore.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Every manga has a shitty/bratty Shota I swear to God.
Also keeping crazy girl alive is a choice but the MC has a bleeding heart can't wait to see how they talk their way out of her madness

Dex-chan lover
Yadda yadda yadda the big bad guy won't stop fucking yapping AND signed his death warrant with that flag. Let's keep rolling, I was see that little shit dead

Dex-chan lover
An S rank adventurer shouldn't get provoked that easily. Maybe the ranks are all over the place in this series, but still.

Dex-chan lover
i mean... did she have agency? and to what extent
she clearly wasn't prone to doing such a thing prior to being influenced in this way
-yes she accepted the demon arm under the guise of getting revenge on some adventurers, upon manipulation that is
-that doesn't remove the fact that the influence of w/e magic casted on her + the demon arm compelled her into doing things outside of that backwards desire

ANY punishment isn't a solution to anything, that itself is a cop out
may make you/ the villagers feel good that "something" was done but in reality not much has been done
and she can't learn the lessons from actions she didn't consciously make so there's no argument for rehabilitation/ scolding
-its not like the villagers don't know this, so its pointless appeasement for some bitter bystander out there
I will say that I do get your points and agree that punishment itself is a cop out if not merited, but also that the whole “I manipulated you” demon schtick wreaks of poor writing which cheapens her actions and devalues her agency.
She chose to accept the arm willingly, but then that was negated by the demon saying “I manipulated you”.
Had that not been the case then she would still be the one responsible for tying up the villagers and attacking the adventurers so she would be punished for that, but again, the author copped out depriving the girl character growth/agency.

Users who are viewing this thread