Yuusha-sama no Osananajimi to Iu Settei no Make Heroine ni Tensei shita no de, Chougoushi ni Job Change Shimasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Contributor
@amc9988 right? you can tell right away the quality of the author's writing from how "mc-centric" th summary/plot is. unrelated rant, like the ones that go "im just a plain mob character/villainess, also im really competent. I want to be average and avoid the hero even though I interact with him everyday so why did he fall in love with me??? I even saved his mom from dying. did i mention i have big boobs? teehee 😜'

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me a bit of that other isekai where the heroine (and practically the entire world) was made suffer because of an inept goddess, though that one wasn't based on a game setting, iirc.

Hope she can faceslap both the hero and the heroine. Especilly the scum hero. It doesn't matter whether she fall in love with him or not. I just want justice for the original host.

Dex-chan lover
@maddery
Why would you tho? It's a one sided love, the hero never in love with the childhood friend in the original game, the hero and heroine didnt do anything wrong. Just because she like him it doesnt mean he have to return her love.

@maddery let's be real. If this was Bleach, this means you would be happy that Orihime ended up with Ichigo when Ichigo went through a lot with Rukia and would've justified why they should've fell in love with each other instead of the former. (But we know Ichigo really liked Orihime from start not like the hero here that is not really attracted to MC)
Actually, I don't know about Japan pairing up childhood friends. Can't there be platonic childhood friendship?

@amc9988
Did nothing wrong? They did. They were the main reason why the original host was created as cannon fodder (of the unrequited love variety) in the first place. So why can't she faceslap them for making the original host suffer in the first place? And there is nowhere stating that he had never love her before he went for the journey, just turned her down. I guess you have never read Chinese manhua/novel, hence why you think my opinion is wrong.

@Xirre I don't recall Ichigo like 'like' Orihime from the start. He struck me as someone who was not interested in romance. I don't really care for that. All I care is for mc to get revenge or overturn about the original host's sad fate. Like what Chinese manhua/novel mc usually do when they transmigrate.

Idk what to feel abt this - probably because typically, the reincarnated person decides that the ML is a jerk and not worth her time so she gives up on him. But this time round, she insists on pursuing him. Tbh, if idk if it'll work haha. I can potentially forsee either a disappointing end (she gets rejected/forgotten again) or a harem end (he takes both girls)...maybe I'm too pessimistic. I wanna see what the author has in store.

Group Leader
@maddery

they didn't do anything. As far as I aware the heroine probably didn't even know she existed. It might suck but the truth is no one is obligated to return you're love. So instead of pining away for a dude who dosent like you just move on

Also Chinese manuha/novels of the face slapping variety shit and worse then stories I find on wattapad. Make me wonder if the authors never left the "wahhh all the pretty popular girls are jerks who bullied me " phase of middle school

Group Leader
To be honest, she should just dump him and find someone else to move on her new life because that's what he did/going to do to her (character). The bitch jerk aint loyal.

Alternatively, if she was feeling a little evil she could befriend the main heroine...and make conspire to make her hate him so he can be forever alone.

@theilikepie
Who cares if the damn heroine knows if she exist or not. She is the main reason why mc was created as canon fodder in the first place. Thankfully mc fares better latter on, but that's only thanks to the transmigrated soul inside her. And there is nowhere saying that the hero did not like her.

The Chinese faceslapping are way much better than the Japanese's passiveness that allow everyone to abuse them without retaliating back. If you want a good one, look for "Cheating Men Must Die". That's how you deal with people like the heroine and the hero.

Contributor
For some reason pages 2-4 won't load no matter how many times I re-load to the image. Is anyone else having this problem?

@LordoftheKeep
The other version of the chapter is better, I think.

@theilikepie
Agreed!

@maddery
I don't think that this is a case of passiveness: different situations call for different solutions. I mean, the hero didn't do anything horrible to the MC; I mean, he didn't betray her, do anything horrible to her, or cause her some kind of downfall. What he did was at most a bit careless: at most worth a slap on the cheek. All he did was not give a reply (as far as the game bothered to show)— then again, she had said herself that she didn't want one, remember? No one is obligated to reciprocate romantic affections like that, plus the MC never was "cannon fodder" of any kind. What's more, the hero hasn't fallen for someone yet (so it would appear), so there really is no need for revenge. If it were something about his basic character that would be one thing, and if he had pre-planned something nasty by this time (if ever) that would be yet another. As it is, there simply was no depicting of his family and childhood friend after he leaves home (not all that uncommon among such stories, although having a character that is left hanging like that is atypical and generally the sign of an axed plot or sub-plot or simple forgetfulness). Not something worth revenge (expect at the writer, which isn't possible here) and definitely not an example of this "Japanese passivity." If you prefer Chinese stories more, go ahead, enjoy them (I kind many of them to be overkill — in various ways — myself; yet again preference). However, none of your preferences are any reason to be complaining like this about a work you don't like, publicly, in a thread such as this one (it's another matter if you can kind actual faults and give a constructive review). In this case, I recommend re-reading the chapter a bit more carefully (if you're going to bother reading this series at all).

@blackLuna The original host is a canon fodder ok, of the unrequited love/loser in love variety. That itself is a tragedy. It was horrible of the game developer to create her just for that purpose. Heck that was one of the criticism about the game. Did you miss that part? And yes, there is a need for revenge, but not the kind that you (and others) have in mind. She will have it in the future chapters. And people are allowed to complain about the series if it doesn't sit well with them, be it constructive review or not. Who are you tell others to not complain about it. I've already re-read the chapter and the novel raws, so I do know what I'm talking about okay.

Contributor
@maddery
1. Unrequited love is not cannon fodder last I checked. Nor does being a loser in love by itself make for a tragedy. Aren't your definitions of "cannon fodder" and "tragedy" a bit too generous?
2. The criticism of the game was not that "Laura" was a loser in love, but that it was included for no purpose and left just like that, no?
3. I still don't see how that is basis for revenge, since the present "hero" didn't do a thing. Unless you're talking about "living being the best revenge." (Even so…)
4. As for what I said about complaints, maybe my phrasing was bad. All I meant, is that if you hate the series so much, just stop reading it. There is no need to publicly rant about what you dislike about it repeatedly (why bother, really). It's just a simple matter of courtesy; anyone involved has the right to point that out. As it is, you're just proclaiming that "Laura" is some kind of tragic cannon fodder in need of revenge of the face-slapping variety: it'd help if you tried backing it up (beyond extending your definitions) or explaining that later developments show this (mark any spoilers, please).

Dex-chan lover
a lot of people here have clearly put more effort into their comments than this group did for the TL/TS

Dex-chan lover
I like how mature the MC is about everything. She might not want a broken heart, but she still treasures her friendship. 😊

Interesting premise and likeable MC. It's such a 21st cen middle-class mindset I wonder why we don't see more education+capitalist+meritocracy MCs.

Side note, seriously we can make "awakening his powers to save his childhood friend/laura/heroine" a drinking game lol

Users who are viewing this thread