Yuusha to Yobareta Nochi ni: Soshite Musou Otoko wa Kazoku wo Tsukuru - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - No Need to Worry About That

Dex-chan lover
God i wish that was me
oJitn1x.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: le3
Double-page supporter
because we have plot armor

9CpMZgj.png
Plot armor is selective and inconsistent specifically to forward the narrative (i.e. they'll be weak when the author wants tension and strong when the author wants triumph). If they're just consistently too powerful for anything in the setting to threaten them, that's not plot armor - they're just powerful characters.

Some inconsistencies can actually be consistent, however. As an example from a series that gets strong characters right, in One Punch Man, Saitama - a man who nobody can even threaten - is unable to kill a mosquito. This might seem inconsistent at first, but in reality it's an expression of something more fundamental to the character that overrides his insurmountable strength: nothing in the entire universe can threaten him, but he's completely at the mercy of the mundane inconveniences of daily life... like mosquitos. Or getting the date wrong and missing a sale. Or being so short on cash he develops a habit of hunting for sales in the first place. Or going bald. Etc.

Dex-chan lover
I like how he is actually getting a bit more emotional, bit by bit.

"Did you eat something strange? Oh, right! My food is strange!"
Self-inflicted burn. Gotta love her.

Contributor
It's not the dragon queen but the human hero casually going crunch on that manga meat bone. :huh:

Girl, your new parents are the strongest power couple in this world. They are overpowered and untouchable, period. :headpat:

When they said, "No need to worry about that," I was expecting, "They're already trying to kill us!"

Fed-Kun's army
Kids need love, warm meals, headpats and cuddles, not traumas and mistreatments.
This also shows Lloyd isn't a heartless human-tool, he too has feelings and can be considerate. Just a bit too dense and frank.
more like he forcefully tried to kill his emotions and bury them so deep they never see the light of day ane the scariest thing is he almost succeeded. the man is deeply broken; but his humanity has survived in some dark corner hiding from the apathetic beast that sought its erasure.

Users who are viewing this thread