Yuyushiki - Vol. 4 Ch. 53

I know I didn't put anything within the posted chapter to clarify some things that I wanted to mention. I don't plan to continue this - I was just bothered enough by the gap in the translated chapters that I somehow was able to fuel it into translating an entire chapter since I don't have any work right now. I did it all on my own and I can't read any kanji whatsoever but I was able to use some translation sites to deduce the intended script for the entire chapter (minus only like one line I couldn't figure out and a few dead ends that I used the anime to help with). So, I apologize if anything is off, but I kept it as true of a translation as I could given my lack of knowledge and experience. (And sorry I couldn't translate most of the onomatopoeia - or my handwriting on the last two panels since I don't know how bad it is.)

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
It makes me wonder why the new user above randomly chose to fan translate a chapter of this manga but not want to continue doing so. It doesn't make any sense to me, though it'd be nice if someone else could continue to fan translate Yuyushiki.

It makes me wonder why the new user above randomly chose to fan translate a chapter of this manga but not want to continue doing so. It doesn't make any sense to me, though it'd be nice if someone else could continue to fan translate Yuyushiki.
That's completely understandable, I'm not sure why I translated the chapter in the first place either given I've never translated anything before - perhaps the spare time I had was bugging me. But I'm just the type of person who is unable to keep to one interest for long and I genuinely wouldn't have put up the chapter if I didn't have the anime to work out some of the roadblocks I had in translating (since I would hate to put out a badly done chapter that disgraces the original more than to not have it at all). I'm holding some loose hope that putting up a chapter would raise the chance of someone else picking it up or returning to it. Unless I somehow inadvertently convince myself to continue - but knowing myself it's very unlikely.

Fed-Kun's army
That's completely understandable, I'm not sure why I translated the chapter in the first place either given I've never translated anything before - perhaps the spare time I had was bugging me. But I'm just the type of person who is unable to keep to one interest for long and I genuinely wouldn't have put up the chapter if I didn't have the anime to work out some of the roadblocks I had in translating (since I would hate to put out a badly done chapter that disgraces the original more than to not have it at all). I'm holding some loose hope that putting up a chapter would raise the chance of someone else picking it up or returning to it. Unless I somehow inadvertently convince myself to continue - but knowing myself it's very unlikely.
Makes sense, though there's other manga that hasn't had a new fan translated chapter out in years, like Takunomi or Hyakko.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with Yuyushiki is that it's got so much Japanese wordplay that it's more difficult to translate than many other manga. No surprise that fan translators find it difficult to continue with it.

The problem with Yuyushiki is that it's got so much Japanese wordplay that it's more difficult to translate than many other manga. No surprise that fan translators find it difficult to continue with it.
That's for sure, there were like four or five different important lines (and some responding lines that connected to them) that I couldn't figure out at all without the anime. I was lucky that it unraveled the more complicated ones so I could actually be able to finish the chapter. It's a nice easy manga for cleaning and typesetting, but definitely not for translating.

Fed-Kun's army
what's with how light the pages are? It's like the saturation is at 50%

what's with how light the pages are? It's like the saturation is at 50%
Shoot, thanks for pointing that out. I worked with it in the color conditions I got them in - the raws were pulled from online and I had realized it initially, I just totally forgot about it. I think I fixed it somewhat now.

Group Leader
Hi, glad to see someone worked on this, it warms my heart.
I do believe it's my raws that are still floating around, anyone willing to continue can reach out to me for a proper resolution version.

I also got translated script for the rest of volume 4, it however needs TL check. So if there's anyone interested in cleaning and typsetting, I'm down to finish volume 4.

Users who are viewing this thread