Zanuff the Butcher

Power Uploader
What an amazing oneshot. No wonder it won an award.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I was actually impressed by his crazy face.

Serial killer's one moment of humanity. It's all right as a story, but come on - sociopaths with violent compulsions aren't like that.

Contributor
It's all right as a story, but come on - sociopaths with violent compulsions aren't like that.

Doesn't that presume he's a sociopath? We don't know that. Sure, it's the archetypal "serial-killer" thing, but he could have some other disorder entirely. Heck, he could even be a one-off special snowflake that doesn't fit any diagnosis nicely. Such things happen.

Dex-chan lover
Easily in my Top 5 Oneshots. I like it when mangaka take some risks and don‘t write the 749374. boring romance-story.

I‘m not 100% happy with the ending though. Alice should have resented him more. Sure, her mother was a bitch, but come on - disembering her while she‘s still alive?! That‘s really fucked up and Alice should‘ve been more scared of him, while still being thankful to him for showing her the feeling of love that she never experienced at home.

The rest of the manga is a great showcase of „most things aren‘t black or white“ but the ending was not consistend with this as it was too convenient and a little too tearjerking.

so she didn't get mad when he killed her mother?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Amazing. The concept was moving, but I had a viceral reaction from the artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread