Zekkyou Gakkyuu - Vol. 14 Ch. 53 - 53th Lesson: Blog of God

Group Leader
@Cookie_Revolution_Scans

Thanks for translating this manga, really love this kind of urban legend-like stories :>

Do you have anywhere that I can visit to read the chapters without the watermarks? Maybe you could display them by flash if you don't want others to reupload them.

@merinocaramel

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately we are currently only giving out the stamp free version to those who provide us with proof of purchase of the manga. We've offered a stamp-free version and one with only tiny stamps on every other page as a download on our forum in the past connected with the explicit request that people should not re-upload it anywhere. Our request was blatantly ignored and people were over-the-top rude. We did try several times but it just didn't work (if I remember correctly, it were the readers of ZG even who got this ball rolling..the other projects just followed popping up on aggregator sites as well then). If you take a look at ch.44 and 45 for instance, you'll see a small non-see-through logo on every other page. The forum version available for download only had that - not the watermark also present on the batoto version. But people couldn't help themselves and had to re-upload our stuff, so we stopped the less-stamps-on-forum-version service.

The only turn of events that would make us reconsider the size and oppacity of our stamps would be a safe way to stop anyone from re-uploading. But, to be blunt, I have no clue about how to achieve that as I'm not a techie (no one on our group is). Furthermore we don't run a paid website (we don't have an open donation option and our group members don't have the money to spend on a website). All our pages are entirely free and we don't make any money from them either, so forums and onlinereaders that might be able to shut off unwanted ripping of our scans are a thing to dream off. In addition to that, I'm not sure flash would stop anyone from ripping the scans... there are flash downloaders available in any app store for free. And there are even those who'd manually make screenshots of the pictures because yes, people seem to have no life or other problems and some people are paid or bots employed by aggregator sites to do just that. If you know of a way to circumvent that, please let me know.

Plus, with the majority of people just being impolite cretins towards us, it's not making us exactly more willing to look into this, you know? We've got a bunch of persons who stalk our projects just to badmouth our way of doing things (even if there are other groups doing the same project that would enable them to just ignore us). The more they approach us with said behavior, the less inclined we feel about downsizing the stamp oppacity and size etc. ^^;;

Group Leader
@Cookie_Revolution_Scans

Ah rip with those people with flash downloaders, I didn't even know those existed. At this point of time it just can't be helped with the watermark ._.

Thxx for the fast reply tho, and really thanks for translating this manga^^

@merinocaramel

Thank you for being so understanding! I hope you'll enjoy the future chapters despite the watermark. Should you find a way prevent re-upload of our scans, let me know and I'll look into it, then maybe we can go back to our original tiny stamp. ?

Fed-Kun's army
i am done
thank you for being a dick and ruining my experience with this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread