Zenbu Kimi no Sei - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - Case.32

Dex-chan lover
Wow she was really dealing with a lot more than I'd ever assume.

But what a terrible situation to be in, I like how she fully thought of Kai's feelings so as to not hurt him but holding that kind of, for lack of better word, guilt in her for this long must have been torture.

Maybe someone should tell her about being pansexual though, could help her out quite a bit if she never knew that was a thing.

Dex-chan lover
Did she not know that she is a girl, or is she just still confused that she is a boy? Heck, that makes me even more confused about her confusion than it makes her confused.
Ichika didnt know at first that Kai was a transman as Kai wasn't out at the time they met.

So she instantly was attracted to "Marin"(Kai's deadname) and sort of projected her old crush that turned her down badly onto "Marin", but then started to realize that "Marin" was a guy mentally which conflicted with her only liking women.

She then tried to distance those feelings by giving Kai his new name to attempt to fully see him as a guy but her feelings are still confused.

It's a uniquely sad situation for them both.

Dex-chan lover
Is there any other manga that has trans themes that deals with situations like these?
Because this is really interesting to see it portrayed in a manga.
And for now it's being done really well how she explains her thoughts and reasons to not hurt him.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

ack thats a complicated cobweb of emtions and happens thats for sure

very sweet though how its been represented, kinda just how sexuality and stuff is ever growing and changing as you start to figure yourself out more and stuff and that eventually it might outgrow what you thought you once were, but it also takes time to get used to the changes

(hopefully that makes any sense)

Supporter
https://mangadex.org/title/1a1032fc-e8f7-425b-aa78-d9072f8de514/ma
Ichika didnt know at first that Kai was a transman as Kai wasn't out at the time they met.

So she instantly was attracted to "Marin"(Kai's deadname) and sort of projected her old crush that turned her down badly onto "Marin", but then started to realize that "Marin" was a guy mentally which conflicted with her only liking women.

She then tried to distance those feelings by giving Kai his new name to attempt to fully see him as a guy but her feelings are still confused.

It's a uniquely sad situation for them both.
So how I read it is not that it conflicted with her liking of women but that she refused to see kai a man as a women, like refusing to dead name someone but instead of a name it is your love, now maybe it is because I have after-school-mate in head so might be off
I do recommend the read btw, you can also read majo-no-geboku-to-maou-no-tsuno but it has been 2 years since I last touched it so I can t tell you what the subtility's are but I did find it was well written as far as trans personality's (in a fantasy setting)

Dex-chan lover
So how I read it is not that it conflicted with her liking of women but that she refused to see kai a man as a women, like refusing to dead name someone but instead of a name it is your love, now maybe it is because I have after-school-mate in head so might be off
I do recommend the read btw, you can also read majo-no-geboku-to-maou-no-tsuno but it has been 2 years since I last touched it so I can t tell you what the subtility's are but I did find it was well written as far as trans personality's (in a fantasy setting)
Yeah that's possible too, prob more correct than what I said.

Gonna check out the first recc later but the second I've been a fan of for yeeears, its really good and I also recc it to anyone.

Dex-chan lover
Basically she wants to respect her feelings of being a man. Falling in love with her and feeling attracted to her when she's a woman because she attracted to women would've been not respecting her choice to live as a man, so she's struggling with her emotions.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly a very interesting situation that real queer people do find themselves in sometimes.

what do you do if you're attracted to a specific gender and then the person you're attracted to turns out to be trans and their gender which played a big part in seeing them as someone to be attracted to to begin with isn't actually what it turned out to be.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe someone should tell her about being pansexual though, could help her out quite a bit if she never knew that was a thing.
I think she might already know about bisexuality/pansexuality and knows that she’s strictly a lesbian since she emphasizes that she’s only attracted to women. Which is different from most manga where lesbian characters will just say they’re attracted to women and think that implies that they’re not attracted to men.

Also, it’s very common for lesbians (at least in the US) to worry that they’re “faking it” and that they’re actually bi (or pan), so I think it’s fairly likely that she’s already grappled with that problem and reached the conclusion that she is in fact a lesbian, not bi or pan.

Users who are viewing this thread