Zenikko - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - The Value of Money

Yeah, definitely felt like this got cancelled.

Up to this point it was enjoyable and pretty unique though, thanks for scanlating this HnG & HS!

This was a revolutionary premise, but it was obviously fumbled in the execution department, what with the very predictable ups and downs without any real progression. Ken keeps having good ideas but failing forward instead of building anything, and the manga kept burning its supporting cast till the only viable character was Mammon.

In an alternate universe where the author had a better handle on his manga's appeal, this could've changed the entire trajectory of manga. Manga like Bakuman owe this one a lot, but their rarity is definitely owed to it as well.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Mammon, screaming for Ken to come back, I am all teary eyed too!

What a great manga, it is clear that the author had this entire finale planned from the start.

However we clearly missed some more chapters to secure Ken's change and decision to leave, what would he do now? How is he gonna live? What will Ako do?

Ken now understands the value of money, hard work, and smart work in most of its forms, he has had his highs and plenty of lows, but we don't get to see what becomes of him or what he does with what he has learned.

I am glad they got payback from the uncle and the other horrible family members, as emotional as it was seeing Mammon coming back to help and save Ken, I still need more than that, plus that farewell was too sad and rushed.

Dammit I need more! A cancellation on chp 23 for such an interesting and grimy manga is too pitiful.

Users who are viewing this thread