Zettai ni NTR Nai Kasshoku Osananajimi! - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
The twitter and everything is full of people hoping it isn't going NTR and the author responds to alot of them saying no lol.

I feel the title was a mistake cause it feels like one of those horrible bait and switch titles.

Contributor
Why do I get the feeling this manga is also attracting people who actually want to see NTR happen?
Like, it's been pointed out over and over by people including the artist herself, that there will be no NTR, but some of these people keep saying they're "worried" about NTR... almost like they're secretly hoping for it instead.

This manga could get the fluffiest, sweetest, most vanilla ending ever and I feel like these same people will keep waiting for a twist that will never happen.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I get the feeling this manga is also attracting people who actually want to see NTR happen?
Like, it's been pointed out over and over by people including the artist herself, that there will be no NTR, but some of these people keep saying they're "worried" about NTR... almost like they're secretly hoping for it instead.

This manga could get the fluffiest, sweetest, most vanilla ending ever and I feel like these same people will keep waiting for a twist that will never happen.
I know i'm worried cause I hate NTR in stories (His Girlfriend is a weird exception) so when I saw this title I was like "Oh its an NTR series hard pass" but then I read comments on ch1 and realised people were askin the same tihng and people being "nah no NTR"

One of the big issues is these days alot of stories that have no right to having NTR either have full blown NTR or some weird NTR arc that comes out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover

No. If the title didn't include the word NTR, who would be worried about it? But because it does, it feels like a trap. That's why people keep posting comments mentioning NTR, myself included. I don't think I've ever read a manga with a traditional title and then suddenly started to talk about NTR in the comments. If course if it's stated in a straightforward manner that it's an NTR manga, I won't read a single chapter of it.

That being said, of course there is the actual NTR fandom, even if it's in the single digit percentages, so I'm not saying absolutely no one reading and posting comments here wouldn't hope for it.

Contributor
I know i'm worried cause I hate NTR in stories (His Girlfriend is a weird exception) so when I saw this title I was like "Oh its an NTR series hard pass" but then I read comments on ch1 and realised people were askin the same tihng and people being "nah no NTR"

One of the big issues is these days alot of stories that have no right to having NTR either have full blown NTR or some weird NTR arc that comes out of nowhere.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember NTR being such a big deal back in the Heisei era. Perhaps this is like the the dark side of the Force "Reiwa energy" or something that this accursed genre seems to be booming along with faster romcom progression.

No. If the title didn't include the word NTR, who would be worried about it? But because it does, it feels like a trap. That's why people keep posting comments mentioning NTR, myself included. I don't think I've ever read a manga with a traditional title and then suddenly started to talk about NTR in the comments. If course if it's stated in a straightforward manner that it's an NTR manga, I won't read a single chapter of it.
Point taken. I'd say it helps to take a look at the mangaka too and their other work, if any.

I'd be worried too if the artist was already (in)famous for such foul works (looking suspiciously at Kurimochi Chizuru and their Rabbit and Owner), but this is a new mangaka with a future to lose by bait and switching their first work. It's career suicide like that one Gal manga that shall not be named. Takahashi Osamu also did this stunt and the backlash certainly didn't do him any favors; I still don't see him with a new work after that one blew up (in a bad way).

Dex-chan lover
Heya! Are you guys willing to get feedback?

The second last bubble has a strange sentence structure. Him saying "Why don't you tell her that in person?"

Good lord, 0.5 yen per download? So with 1,000 readers the author earns like $8 US? It's a long road to actually making money from art.

Aggregator gang

heavy breathing Cucked from their cucked fantasies...

Dex-chan lover
  • I think the title containing NTR makes it so we're all obsessed about it.
  • It's a fun meme to bring up all the time.
  • Maybe the chapters being so short also plays into furthering an eerie feeling? We haven't really seen much wholesomeness yet.
Either way, it's nice so far. Once it gets fluffy enough the worries will go away (except meming about it, I suppose).

Dex-chan lover
I guess the title seeming like a bait could be because of how series titles are being used as "clickbait" like in Narou(hence the overly long titles a lot of Novels has).

Dex-chan lover
I guess the title seeming like a bait could be because of how series titles are being used as "clickbait" like in Narou(hence the overly long titles a lot of Novels has).
Its why I think the mangaka made a mistake with it cause even the japanese readers thought it was a bait and switch series.

Dex-chan lover
Its why I think the mangaka made a mistake with it cause even the japanese readers thought it was a bait and switch series.
TBF if it's what gets people to read their series I don't mind it, I honestly kind of like titles like this compared to the titles we have back then.

Dex-chan lover
TBF if it's what gets people to read their series I don't mind it, I honestly kind of like titles like this compared to the titles we have back then.
I'm fine with longer titles so long as they aren't egregiously long.

Users who are viewing this thread