Zombie Girl Mukuro - Ch. 18

There is a typo on the second page, last speech bubble.
"had you're your cooking"
I'm not a native english speaker so I may be wrong.

Double-page supporter
@zilla777 I'm uncertain if "Please do your best, mama" is correct. Seems kinda odd for the daughter to be telling her mom this. Instead, it kinda feels like it's the mom saying this, like "Okay...Mama will do her best" like she's telling her daughter she'll do the best she can at making her dinner. I don't know for certain since I can't read Japanese and you might know better, but if you feel so inclined it might be good to double check the translation.

Group Leader
@Svelandria you may be right. the japanese says "soreja mama ganbatchau ne". i saw "mama" and assumed riku was speaking, since she's the only one that calls her that, but the way the verb is conjugated makes more sense in first person, so the mother is probably referring to herself as "mama"

Double-page supporter
@zilla777 Ah, so the word "mama" was literally in the original text, and it was the English word too. In that case, I'm almost positive it was the mom saying that. Sometimes, the mother in manga and/or anime (and I'm sure somewhere in real life whether it be Japan or anywhere else) will speak in third person by referring to herself as "mama" in English while the rest of her words are in her native tongue. A married couple may even refer themselves and each other as English "mama" and "papa," usually if they have children, but on rare occasions even if they don't. For example "Mama loves you," "Mama will protect you," and "Mama (the mother who is speaking) thinks Papa is being silly." Things like that. It's not always the case, but I find that it actually happens more often than one might think.

Users who are viewing this thread