Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 91

Dex-chan lover
pfff the premise is about as generic as you can get, your typical cookie-cutter loner x popular girl story.
and spare me the snobbish attitude
In what moment I said the premise wasn't generic? Of course it is. What we were talking about is you saying you were lured to this because of the romance since chapter one and I said that was wild given how sidelined the romance has been since the start. The romance was so out of the way it didn't appear until the end of the first arc. So that's I was so baffled at that statement.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
In what moment I said the premise wasn't generic? Of course it is. What we were talking about is you saying you were lured to this because of the romance since chapter one and I said that was wild given how sidelined the romance has been since the start.
so you agree that the premise is generic right? so now tell me, what genre of manga usually starts with this kind of premise?

Dex-chan lover
so you agree that the premise is generic right? so now tell me, what genre of manga usually starts with this kind of premise?
You know what name has a thing with a mechanism made of wheels interconnected that transform energy into movement? Cars, motorcycles, blenders, trash compactors, bicycles, carts, watches... Dude, what is that fucking question, are you implying there is ONLY ONE thing a story can be given its premise? xDDDDD

Dude, you REALLY have to read more things, not only manga.

Aggregator gang
You know what name has a thing with a mechanism made of wheels interconnected that transform energy into movement? Cars, motorcycles, blenders, trash compactors, bicycles, carts, watches... Dude, what is that fucking question, are you implying there is ONLY ONE thing a story can be given its premise? xDDDDD

Dude, you REALLY have to read more things, not only manga.
wow that response is actually beyond retarded, WHAT I'M SAYING is if a premise in a manga 99% of the time leads to a certain type of story how in the fuck can you fault the readers for assuming it's gonna stick with the direction it set up in the beginning?????
last time i'm replying to your dumb ass

Dex-chan lover
Very much this. It's true things have been a little too slow for Gojou and Marin, but seems people around here aren't too fond of slice of life, which is pretty much the primary genre here and not romance.
I don't really mind the slice of life stuff and I like the cosplay stuff, but even that is very lacklustre in this chapter. It feels very stagnant, and I'm not talking about the romance. I mean, the first two pages establishes that a phone conversation is occurring and there's a glue gun drop. That's a waste of space. There's slow, and there's slooow.

Now, hear me out. Do you like spice?
And Wolf.

Dex-chan lover
wow that response is actually beyond retarded, WHAT I'M SAYING is if a premise in a manga 99% of the time leads to a certain type of story how in the fuck can you fault the readers for assuming it's gonna stick with the direction it set up in the beginning?????
last time i'm replying to your dumb ass
"Yeah, I'm reading this romance manga, it has a glacial pace in the romance side for 90 or so chapters but the protagonists are making progress in their cosplaying career, the dude is going to try a very complicated cosplay because he had a problem understanding what makes the character he tries to portrait. We see their daily lives and there is a trove of side characters only related to the slice of life cosplay and comedy. But it's 100% pure unadulterated romance, I tell you, I'm an avid expert of romance mangas and I pay a lot of attention to what I read. I'm very mad at this very pure romance story because is not romancing very well."

Yeah, you can maybe have assumptions in the first chapters, but feeling betrayed after 90 chapters... Dude, that's on you.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Wow, I learned so much about Glue Guns, Ox skulls, Rib structures, and Black Cloth..... Shame I give 0 fucks, where is the Romance!!! Where is the confession come on :(
To be fair, we can confidently say that this manga is basically a cosplay manga mixed with romance, such as other informative anime/manga like the How the Realist hero Rebuilt the kingdom, which is based on actual nation-building and economics. Or The Genius Prince’s Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt, etc.

Supporter
I don't mind the sudden time jump into a pure cosplay chapter, but are we gonna find out what the heck Murakami dragged Wakana away from Kitagawa to talk over at SOME point?

Dex-chan lover
It is too slow sometimes, that's true. It's just I can't believe certain reactions and statements after 90 chapters, it's like getting mad at any shonen for shonen bullshit after reading 100 chapters.
Reminds me of the comments for Rental Girlfriend. So full of people claiming they're going to drop it, chapter after chapter. A bunch of people starting posting comments like, "I hate this; I'm dropping it! See you next chapter!"

Dex-chan lover
People are always telling me to "read the manga" but when I actually do it ends up being a meandering waste of time. There has been nothing but filler for months now. When was the last time we got a meaningful interaction between the main characters?

Dex-chan lover
I think the issue isn't with balance between cosplay and romance. Or slow pace of their relationship development. It's all about author dropping a bombshell in form of possible confession and then continued the pacing of manga as it was before. Or maybe even slower. Now people become more impatient with each chapter.

If Author actually wished to "milk" manga, she shouldn't tease confession that long before it could possibly happens. She could totally squeeze in a whole lot of arks without any major development. Specifically something about Gojo. Also all the those cosplay ecchi fanservice. But now most people will be more pissed with each chapter without confession.

Dex-chan lover
You thought I would be a "romance" manga? but it was I ! A "do it yourself manga" all along!

Yeah at this point it feels like I should just take a break this is getting infuriating.

Dex-chan lover
I went back to read the comments, and man, some of you guys are being really disingenuous. Yes this was always slice of life and yes it was always about the cosplay, but more importantly it was about Gojou and Marin doing slice of life and cosplay TOGETHER. Last arc was filled with secondary characters and Gojou sitting in the corner, and now in this arc the two are barely in the same room. That's why people are upset. Yes, romance is nice, but that's not even the point.

Users who are viewing this thread