Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 157 - Anjou-san Wants To Go To An Open Campus

Dex-chan lover
Come on guys give him a break ... his balls haven't dropped yet. They need to drop eventually or people are going to start to hate his character. I think he'll get there but maybe not as fast as the comment section would like, LOL.
157 chapters is more than enough for at least some character development. But he is basically the same whiner he was 100 chapters ago, despite confession and boyfriend status. Glad to see people in comments are finally admitting it.

Dex-chan lover
My god at 157 chps into the story and seto still acts like this with his way of thinking and being timid with physical stuff with her, my patience with him is gone completely, there's only so much self deprecating one can do before it gets really annoying in his case and starts to affect the overall story. Like anjou-san is your girlfriend, she's there for him mentally, shows him that by telling him that and physical intimacy as well, if they replaced his character with another ML and focused on the other couples I wouldn't mind it at all.

Dex-chan lover
I thought he kinda outgrew the self-doubt? Like we went through this song and dance some volumes back.
I would say he outgrew it in SOME specific areas, not as an inherent character trait. Perhaps overcame or overpowered it in instances would be more accurate. He found the motivation to move forward at times in spite of it, rather than discarding that aspect of himself.

Contributor
Ah the cornerstone of any high school story, figuring out who you want to be.

If I could give some advice to any would-be Setos in the chat... you don't have to rush. A secret adults won't tell you is that you have time. They don't know what they're doing either. Just take things in stride and you'll figure it out along the way. Though having an idea and a plan won't hurt.

Dex-chan lover
I would say he outgrew it in SOME specific areas, not as an inherent character trait. Perhaps overcame or overpowered it in instances would be more accurate. He found the motivation to move forward at times in spite of it, rather than discarding that aspect of himself.
I'm hoping we maybe see a heart-to-heart conversation with Seto and Anjou's mom. Maybe something that will just "click" for him?

Dex-chan lover
As much as it annoys me as well, how many of you can, or even have changed their personality and life so thoroughly? The fact that he’s stepping up at all is good progress.

Then again if that cover is what Anjou would look like IRL, she’d be pregnant by now if I were him…

Dex-chan lover
:thumbsup: LOW ANGLES GOOD

I do wish Seto would have some of his character arc stick. This persistent looking down on himself is getting tiresome.
Eh this feels more like he's realizing they're going to be going off to different colleges soon.

The no long distance commen is kind of weird considering they don't know where he'll be going to school yet.

Dex-chan lover
Thought the series was over, it felt like one of those blue ball endings, seeing the 'end' at the end. But it's on all the chapters lol.

Fed-Kun's army
Seto please man she’s literally telling you that no matter if you’re gonna be apart, She gon be there for you. At the end of the day that’s the life of someone who overthinks thing’s never able to be comfortable despite people telling you it’s fine(def relate on that). Let’s hope seto learns to trust in himself and those around him instead of doubting everyone.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people want a teenager to transform into an entirely different person in 1 year lol

Sure, it's annoying to see him be so down on himself, but that's kinda the point. People claiming he's the same dude as he was at the beginning of the manga are either stupid or being disingenuous. We just saw him do a few things he'd have never done in the first ~40 chapters.

I thought this was a good chapter that's getting him thinking about his future and showed us Anjou in her element. An ongoing theme of the manga has been that bro just doesn't know what he's going to do with his life in the future. Everyone else has a good idea while he doesn't and he's super conscious of that fact. It'd be hard for anyone, especially someone who is going through as many changes as he has.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if the author is intending this, but a guy like Seto isn't going to change except from actual experiences and not words. Neurotic self-doubt is only offset by real world experience, he legitimately just needs to bang his loving girlfriend and get a career going where he can shine and 90% of that will sort of thing will go poof. Schooling is hard on his type, because everything is still thoughts and future and comparison.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, why build his character up to then break it down by the things he broke through before? He had such a solid climb in his confidence but lately it feels the author breaks it to introduce arcs that aren't necessarily good for him. Idk, I can also see this as an overall polishing of his character arc but at the same time it feels like a trope that should have been done with already. I more than anything feel bad for Anjou having to consistently show him his worth.

Users who are viewing this thread