Gyakkou Shita Akuyaku Reijou wa, Naze ka Maryoku wo Ushinattanode Shinsou no Reijou ni Narimasu - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Emotional damage all around, actually curious to see if that whole saint thing plays out exactly how she expects it to.

Thank you for new chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad the time between chapters this time is relatively short. It's great to see this one continue.

I know she's still punishing herself for her past life but I hope she starts to ease up a bit and start appreciating what her life is now. She shouldn't have to sacrifice herself 100% to make amends of what happened but she's already completelyn aware of her past self and is working to make things better.

I wonder what that cat is up to. That panel with it staring at the priest, seems like something no good is gonna happen. I hope the cat doesn't turn into some kinda human later either...

Dex-chan lover
That priest is suspicious. Did he genuinely love her, or was he just using her as a tool?

If it is the former, the prince should be more proactive in approaching her and be more willing to listen to her without interrupting her. If it is the latter, the prince should punch him in the face and kick his pair of beans.

Dex-chan lover
Otome/isekai fantasy writers when they write a church that is bad into their stories for the 50th time:

wUTRy5Q.gif

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like how in the previous timeline, it was Rachel who is all jealous and losing her cool

Now its the other way round, its the crown prince who is jealous and losing his cool instead

Dex-chan lover
Thank you translating team for another chapter!

...what absolutely crap storytelling tho. There's a great opportunity here to tell a story about a noblewoman's struggles to be a force for good despite her own selfish nature, a story about failure, self-renewal, and redemption. But all we get is this flat character saying "oh dang I was bad before. Guess I'll be good now" and then the story's all empty smiles and petty misunderstandings.

Btw if you like this story, please know I ain't judging. I read and enjoy plenty of manga with similarly asinine plots. I just hoped this would be better than the average dumb manga, but unfortunately it's not.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you translating team for another chapter!

...what absolutely crap storytelling tho. There's a great opportunity here to tell a story about a noblewoman's struggles to be a force for good despite her own selfish nature, a story about failure, self-renewal, and redemption. But all we get is this flat character saying "oh dang I was bad before. Guess I'll be good now" and then the story's all empty smiles and petty misunderstandings.

Btw if you like this story, please know I ain't judging. I read and enjoy plenty of manga with similarly asinine plots. I just hoped this would be better than the average dumb manga, but unfortunately it's not.
You might enjoy Tearmoon Empire if you wanted something that’s basically exactly this manga but with a different protagonist/direction. The protagonist in that story is kind of still a selfish asshole but slowly becomes a better person over the course of the story.

Dex-chan lover
You might enjoy Tearmoon Empire if you wanted something that’s basically exactly this manga but with a different protagonist/direction. The protagonist in that story is kind of still a selfish asshole but slowly becomes a better person over the course of the story.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm reading Tearmoon Empire as well! That manga's such a riot, easily one of my favorites <3

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone's talking about how the priest is definitely evil, but what I think is happening is he saw/sensed the cat and now thinks the woman he loves is haunted by an evil spirit

Dex-chan lover
I’ll be very interested to see if the priest is ACTUALLY evil… he could be, but he also could be genuine. It’s possible he’ll end up coming to her defense if the church goes after her/her spirit.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm reading Tearmoon Empire as well! That manga's such a riot, easily one of my favorites <3
read the light novels if u can, getting to see the inner thoughts of everyone is such a hoot

Users who are viewing this thread